Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tprogerh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,396
Message 1 of 5

P580 Keyboard not working

I bought a P580 which arrived yesterday.  I was installing programs for work, and after my 3rd restart, my password wouldn't work.  I contacted the person who sold it to me (via Amazon.com) who told me about One Key Recovery, which did recover the computer.

Unfortunately, the keyboard no longer works.  I used the on-screen keyboard to login in hopes of a driver needing to be reinstalled, but that did not work.

I did Uninstall the Keyboard driver and restarted, and it said the driver was reinstalled, but it didn't work.  Can anyone help me?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,369
Message 2 of 5

Re: P580 Keyboard not working

hi tprogerh,

it could be loose cable or defected keyboard. can you please try to start up bios or any other option before loading windows to check if it's software? if it doesn't work, i believe, it'd be better to contact your seller/support line for possible keyboard replacement.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
annexguy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,329
Message 3 of 5

I have the same issue on the P580 keyboard. I reinstalled the system, good for a few days, stop working again.
the device manager says working properly. if loose cable, the device manager should show, right?
isis
What's DOS?
Views: 1,248
Message 4 of 5

I bought two P580's from Future Shop, both refurbished units and both keyboards have a problem after using the One Key Recovery.  I don't think the driver is installed.  I can't install the driver because my wireless needs a password and I can't type it.   How do I solve it?

This is dated today Mar 15/2013.

Jacmert
What's DOS?
Views: 907
Message 5 of 5

As a quick workaround, you can plug in a USB keyboard for now. But I think I've found the fix (you have to unplug the AC adapter and disconnect the battery for 5 minutes or something): http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Lenovo-IdeaPad-P580-Keyboard-not-working/td...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors