Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKing
Paper Tape
Views: 367
Message 1 of 5

P580 Touch Pad Problems

I have had an ongoing battle with this touch pad.  There are too many features associated with it.  I have been with customer support, some of which did not know what to do either.  The pinch zoom feature was finally disabled.  Now, as I left click on the scroll bar on the right side of the page, it locks on.  When I let off the left click and move to the page, the page moves with the curser.  I found that feature in the controls and it is not turned on.  HOW can I turn OFF a feature that is not turned on??

I spent 2 hours with customer support uninstalling/installing the driver yesterday, yet the problem persists.  Now customer support wants to send the computer in for service.  The problem as I have known all along is that the touch pad is working as designed!  All I want it to do is move the curser.  There is no sense sending it in for service when it is working as designed. There seems to be a collective sigh of relief now that this computer is out of warrentee.  I bought an identical computer for my wife at the same time.  It has these quirks too.

I have never been so frustrated with a computer and I am about ready to throw these two under the bus.  Does anyone have any idea who to fix this?

Thanks

James

Moderator Note; subject edited for relevancy on this & further posts

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 366
Message 2 of 5

Re: P580 Touch Pad Problems

Hi James, welcome to the forums,

exactly which Lenovo system are you having issues with and which operating system is installed on it?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

JKing
Paper Tape
Views: 357
Message 3 of 5

IdeaPad P580

Model #3087

Thanks so much for your quick reply Smiley Happy

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection

JKing
Paper Tape
Views: 301
Message 4 of 5

Have you learned anything about this computer that may be causing this?

JKing
Paper Tape
Views: 282
Message 5 of 5

I am evidently not going to get a response. I will certainly remember this experience when it is time to replace these computers. I will also go the store I bought these and let the computer dept know so they can make their own decisions when directing customers to the best computer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors