Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vik_rockin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 765
Message 1 of 3

PROBLEMS HIBERNATING MY Y510

Hi there,

For the past few weeks I have been having this trouble of putting my Y510 into hibernation. Somehow the laptop does not power down. There are two things that happen when I switch it into hibernation mode,

Either:

1) The laptop takes a really long time, almost 2 minutes, and then hibernates.

Or:

2) The laptop never goes into hibernation. The screen shuts down but the hard disk seems to be on and all the display lights on the keyboard still remain on. I have tried waiting in this state for almost 20 minutes to actually see if it goes into hibernation after that. But no success. I have to hold down the power button to turn it off.

Is this a problem with Windows Vista, I've got Home Premium. Or with Lenovo. Will Lenovo fix it for me?

Retired Guru
Views: 751
Message 2 of 3

Re: PROBLEMS HIBERNATING MY Y510

Are you sureyou're going into hibernation? Looks like youre going into sleep mode.
//help will save the world
vik_rockin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 746
Message 3 of 3

Re: PROBLEMS HIBERNATING MY Y510

@skripatch

yes i am talking about hibernation mode. The multimedia lights on the keyboard remain on and the harddisk too stays on. It does not power down. That is my problem.

It sort of goes in a hanged state.

Had I put it into sleep mode, the multimedia lights on the keyboard wouldn't stay on and the power light would start blinking. That is not the case.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors