Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aladdin123
Paper Tape
Views: 255
Message 1 of 4

Persistent flicker issue in Lenovo y50-70 non touch

Hi
I have had this flickering issue ever since I updated to windows 10 2 years ago.

I have updated the graphics card (and every other driver). Updated the BIOS. Played with the VGA intel driver settings (suggested by someone online). 

All of that and more and still the issue doesnt go away.

When it becomes so bad I open the laptop and deattach/attach the screen cable. This resolves the issue for a couple of days and it comes back even worse every time.

Although this may suggest it is a hardware issue, it never happened before the win10 upgrade. It also seems to happen more severly when certain websites are open, and also when certain programs are used. Check this video I uploaded to know what I mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AQWGk40YwM
A few months ago the problem suddenly was complicated and the screen went corrupt (green haze with white lines). I had to buy a new screen and install it. Things seemed fine after that for a month, and it is now back again flickering!
I have a separate monitor connected by HDMI to the laptop and it works fine (thus it is not a VGA issue)
I am frustrated and tired. I payed top-dollar (back then) for a laptop that acts as a workstation/gaming platform and this flickering is killing me (along with the heat in left side of keyboard during gaming, but ppl online says it is normal so I dont mind)
Please help. I am out of waranty.

Aladdin123
Paper Tape
Views: 253
Message 2 of 4

Re: Persistent flicker issue in Lenovo y50-70 non touch

Forgot to say I dont have the "Panel Self-Refresh setting" option visible in my intel VGA settings, and my BIOS is already at 3.03 (Latest)

Aladdin123
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 3 of 4

I also did the cpu processing throttle to 99%, and several other values, without success. Basically every suggestion found here in these furoms or elsewhere.

Aladdin123
Paper Tape
Views: 175
Message 4 of 4

Really?

Not a single reply?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors