Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pleasehelp62
Paper Tape
Views: 194
Message 1 of 2

Please Help Me Desperate Z565

I purchased this laptop less than a year ago for personal use. I liked it initially but lately the computer is going totally wonky. Every 10-20 minutes, sometimes more, I get, "Display driver has stopped working and recovered." Not long after this happens the whole screen freezes and the keyboard becomes useless. The only option is to push the power button to reboot. Sometimes even the power button doesn't shut down the computer and I have to take the battery out to restart it. It is getting ridiculous. I tired contacting lenovo support but their help was basically worthless. It was clear from the conversations that I knew more about computers than the guys on the other end. I was considering purchasing lenovo computers for my office staff but am almost definitely going to have to go with another brand. I cannot deal with 20+ computers acting like this with no support on lenovo's end.  I checked the lenovo site and according to their smart downloading app I have all the latest drivers. Please please please someone tell me how to fix this problem. I can't take my computer freezing every 10-20mins. I recorded the two calls to lenovo and am planning to take this issue to my local consumer reports advocate. If anyone knows how to fix this problem and can explain it step by step I would be very appreciative.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 175
Message 2 of 2

Re: Please Help Me Desperate Z565

hi pleasehelp62.

to make sure if it's not windows related issue, can you perform clean windows installation by pressing one key recover button?

if the issue persists, i believe you are having hardware ( possible graphic card issue ) and it seems you need to call support line to ship your laptop back to service.

hope this helps.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors