Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brently744
Paper Tape
Views: 2,520
Message 1 of 3

Please Help, Network Adaptor driver install fail on IdeaPad P580

Hey All,

New to the forum and new to Lenovo PC's. Here is the problem I am having...

Recently did a complete wipe and reinstall of Windows 7 64-bit. I have installed all drivers however I cannot install the Intel wireless LAN driver, which is the only driver that will not install.

After I click the install file, immediately after the extraction it says "access denied" and closes. I diagnosed the issue through windows and it tells me the driver is not compatible, but I have chosen the windows 7 64 bit file. I have even tried running it in all other compatibility modes and tried running as administrator but no help

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? Any help would be great! Here is my system...

Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Windows 7 64-bit service pack 1

intel core i7-3520m cpu@2.90ghz

8gb ram

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,494
Message 2 of 3

Re: Please Help, Network Adaptor driver install fail on IdeaPad P580

Hi and Welcome to the community
Please try installing drivers manually from the device manager. Here is guide that might help you
http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=how%20to%20install%20drivers%20from%20device%20manager&sour...
Hope this helps
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
brently744
Paper Tape
Views: 2,472
Message 3 of 3

Resolved: Please Help, Network Adaptor driver install fail on IdeaPad P580

Hello, Thanks for the reply! I checked out the link and even though I did try that method unsuccessfully before it did help me solve my issue. It mentions to make sure the files are "unzipped", so I did and it worked like a charm! Thanks a lot! Odd how I was able to install all other drivers while they were still "zipped".

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors