Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sydthefairebrat
Paper Tape
Views: 416
Message 1 of 3

Please help! Ideapad z580

Hi all,
Today I tried to install some old logitech software for an external webcam. Alas, it is not compatible with windows 8. However, I could still use the webcam on skype, I just couldn't install the application that would let me take pictures with cool effects. I was going through the files on the disc and, not knowing such about computers, thought that it might be the software overall that was incompatible...but maybe there's just one file that I could download! Yeah. I'm stupid. I found something that said "64 bit" (I think that's all it said) and thought "Hey! this is a 64 bit! maybe this is what I need!" so I installed it. it looked like things were going fine. Then as I was finishing up, the background (the desktop) went blue. I still had skype open, though. My boyfriend said I probably just needed to restart it. so I did. now I can't get past the login screen. I log in and it's just a black screen.

I called support, but I couldn't hear him very well. We tried multiple things. They didn't work. Any ideas? /:
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 387
Message 2 of 3

Re: Please help! Ideapad z580

hi sydthefairebrat,

Welcome to the Forums.

After you login, can you try to:

1. Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open task manager. If the task manager opens up, click File > New Task (Run ..) > type explorer then press enter. If you get your desktop screen with all the icons, you can uninstall the camera software to undo the changes.

2. Interrupt the loading of Windows 8 to enterpush-button reset mode (this is like a recovery environment to restore the pc fromr previous working state). To do this, hold the power button while Windows 8 is loading up (you need to do this twice).  From here, you can:

2a. boot into Safe Mode and uninstall the software that caused the problem

2b. do a System Restore to undo the changes

2c  refresh your Windows 8 PC

3. Alternatively, If you have created a recovery drive using this method, you can boot from it and follow the steps 2a-2c.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

sydthefairebrat
Paper Tape
Views: 369
Message 3 of 3

Re: Please help! Ideapad z580

Aaah please marry me! Haha I ended up having to do a system restore because I messed up with uninstalling, but thank you so much!! You just made me insanely happy!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors