Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ceres
Paper Tape
Views: 569
Message 1 of 5

Please help - Lenovo y510p beeps twice while running

Hi there, i made a topic before and got no answers. My problem still persists.

While my laptop is running, it will randomly beep twice. It is pretty much completely random. I'm really not sure how to go about fixing / diagnosing this issue. I bought the computer in april and started getting this issue around june.

I'm using an Ideapad y510p. I need this laptop as I am in a college course that is BYOD, and exams are coming up. Thanks in advance.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 540
Message 2 of 5

Re: Please help - Lenovo y510p beeps twice while running

hi Ceres,

Just to check, do you have an Nvidia Gadget installed? If you have, can you check the settings if you have it configured to beep when the GPu reaches a certain temp (eg. 80°C) similar to this thread.

In addition, you could also try booting into Safe Mode with Networking to isolate if there are running apps in the background that's causing the beep sound (sound driver is disabled in Safe Mode). If the beep stops in Safe Mode, consider doing a clean boot and observe the system in normal mode.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Ceres
Paper Tape
Views: 527
Message 3 of 5

I do not have Nvidia Gadget installed, usually the beeps happen when I am doing tasks like browsing the web or writing a word doc. They usually happen on battery, not when gaming (which I stay plugged in for) so I cant see it being related to heat.

I don't believe its any apps either as it happens even when the system is muted, I'm not sure if testing in safe mode would work since the beeps are really random and can happen weeks apart.

I think it may have something to do with the battery? Since all the times I can remember it happening it has been running on battery power.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 522
Message 4 of 5

hi ceres, if u have energy management installed on the unit u can try running the guage reset tool on your laptop if you suspect if there's an issue with the battery, usually beep code will be triggered during post if there's an issue with the system but on your case this happened u've mentioned that the beep code occured when ur using the unit
Dont fake the funk............
Ceres
Paper Tape
Views: 492
Message 5 of 5

I do have energy management, I will try resetting the gauge then and let you know if it works Smiley Happy
Yeah, I never get beeps during POST, so it is a little confusing. But when I have the laptop plugged in I haven't noticed any beeps, so I do think it may be the battery.
Thanks for the reply! My reply is a little late since I have been busy lately with exams

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors