Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeeUK
Paper Tape
Views: 648
Message 1 of 5

Poor design and poor customer service

I bought a Lenovo Z series Thinkpad 6 months ago and I started experiencing problems with the charger constantly falling out and not charging the laptop properly. I sent my laptop to be repaired and I found I had to pay an extortionate amount not only for the charger problem but damage they caused in transit! In addition, I was told the laptop would be returned to me in 10 days from sending it however its has taken them that long to assess the problem and they're requiring an additional 5 days to send the laptop back! A little bit inconvenient given I wont be in the country soon so if they're anymore delayed than claimed, it just adds to my problem!

When I spoke to the customer service about disputing/sending a complaint, they weren't very helpful and tried to put the blame on me! I genuinely felt like they did not care about my service.

Previous to this, I had a Toshiba laptop for a good 7 years, never has it had a problem regarding hardware and I still use it time to time and the customer service was brilliant..However  within Months of my Lenovo laptop purchase, its has major hardware issues! Goes to show the Japanese design quality over the Chinese design quality. I strongly suggest not to buy Lenovo laptop, they still have a long way to go to meeting the customer service and laptop design quality of similarly priced Japanese and American laptops!!

TeeUK
Paper Tape
Views: 618
Message 2 of 5

Unnecessary delays and cost in customer service PLEASE HELP!

i sent of my laptop for repair nearly four weeks ago to ensure i get it before i go voluntering for a month. I was told repairs and returning would take a maximum of 10 working days BUT THIS WAS NOT THE CASE! In addition ive had to ring lenovo customer service a number of timesand only twice did i encounter people that genuinely wanted to help me! (of which i really appreciate). Ive run up a phone bill of £19, the first timewas 10 days after sending my laptop and i find out lenovo FORGOT TO TELL ME ABOUT REPAIR COSTS! they promptly got me to pay the £92 which i reluctantly agreed to and was told i should get it within 5 working days! I ring 5 days later, and they forgot to send off my payment approval, again i had to PAY AND WASTE TIME TO REMIND THEM THIS! 

I appreciate the warranty extension they have now given, but mostly i desperately need my laptop before i go volunteering for a month! i was promised to get my laptop latest tuesday (ie today) but it still hasnt arrived and i leave thursday morning. Massively inconvienient and any help to get my laptop before then would be greatly appreciated! I cant be bothered to be angry any more, just DISAPPOINTED AND DESPERATE TO GET MY LAPTOP BACK!!!!

Guru
Views: 588
Message 3 of 5

Re: Unnecessary delays and cost in customer service PLEASE HELP!

If they replaced the battery that would explain the costs. Since batteries do not come under warranty when replaced.

You can always ask them what was replaced, and try to convince them it came under warranty. Or try to ask why you have to pay if you have warranty.

Any delays caused by the mailing or delivery service is outside of Lenovo's hands.

But I strongly suggest you ask them why you have to pay and which component was replaced. I would expect chargers come under warranty but batteries do not.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

TeeUK
Paper Tape
Views: 578
Message 4 of 5

well the second 5 day delay was entirely Lenovo's fault because they forgot to consign my payment! DPD have been very good with deliverys, taking a max of 3 days

It was nothing to do with the battery actual...they replaced a lower case with screen shaft because it was damaged in transit (even though i packed it using the original Lenovo packaging). The other replacement was the actual charging port which was damaged after 3months of normal use! Ive had a toshiba laptop last 7 years and have no external damage like that! But every time i said i wanted to complain, the customer service said it was no use and werent very helpful..

it feels like im not being heard by these people and im just wasting too much money and time ensuring theyve done their job...

my laptop should arrive tommorrow morning but i doubt it will be in time for my flight...i really am disappointed by lenovos' treatment of my service

TeeUK
Paper Tape
Views: 577
Message 5 of 5

they said these damages wouldnt be covered by my warranty and i dont understand why its so expensive...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors