Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subzero206
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,084
Message 1 of 3

Power Options in Y510, WIN XP

I recently installed Win XP, SP3 on my Y510 (1.83GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB Drive, 8600GTS), and it works great.  However, after playing with it a few weeks, I noticed something that has been bothering me. I changed the Power Options under the Control Panel to a different power scheme (i.e. Always On), and click apply then OK.  These settings stick and work fine.  However, when I unplug the power cord or adjust the battery/power setting through the NOVO button, the Power Scheme always defaults back to the "Lenovo" scheme.  This happens everytime and I find it annoying that I would have to always adjust the power settings.  Is there something in the BIOS that is causing this to default?  Is there a way I can set the default Power Scheme to something else other than "Lenovo"?  Any help is much appreciated.

Sunny 

mikepasta
Serial Port
Views: 1,036
Message 2 of 3

Re: Power Options in Y510, WIN XP

Sunny, go to Power Options. When you get to the "Select A Power Plan" screen, look on the left in the blue rectangle area. You should see "Choose what the power buttons do", "Choose what closing the lid does", "Choose when to turn off the display", and "Change when the computer sleeps". There are different settings for both AC/mains (plugged in) and battery power. Make sure you check all of the settings for both. It sounds like your battery settings are set to the Lenovo default.

HTH

Beer... It does a body good!
subzero206
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,021
Message 3 of 3

Re: Power Options in Y510, WIN XP

mikepasta,

Thanks for your reply.  I created an entirely new power scheme (i.e. "custom"), which puts both the plugged-in and battery power settings to "never".  I select it and apply it - and like before, everything works fine.  However, the same thing happens again - when I unplug the power, it defaults right back to the "Lenovo" power scheme, as shown in the power scheme box.  This also happens when I reboot the computer as well.  Basically the power settings keep on defaulting back to "Lenovo".  Any other ideas?

Sunny

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors