Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitetsu
Paper Tape
Views: 238
Message 1 of 2

Powering IdeaPad Y510p SLI in Tokyo

Hi guys. I live in Tokyo and I recently ordered a Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p along with a removable graphics card for a better gaming experience.

My problem is that the laptop needs a 170W adapter to power the SLI. My adapter hasn't arrived yet but I heard that since the voltage and frequency of electricity in Tokyo is weaker than that of the United States (only 100V and 50Hz in Tokyo) I won't be able to power my SLI setup in my laptop without some sort of expensive voltage converter.

Am I fine without a voltage converter? Also, plugs and outlets here are ungrounded so would using a plug adapter have any effect on my adapter/laptop? Any help is much appreciated.

rambomhtri
SCSI Port
Views: 230
Message 2 of 2

Re: Powering IdeaPad Y510p SLI in Tokyo

You should have no problem at all, the Lenovo Y510p AC ADAPTER can receive from 100-240V and 50-60Hz.

About the ground quest, I'm not sure. The AC power plug is grounded, so it has 2 blades and a third cylindrical blade, the ground.

I think you definitely should plug in the laptop in a grounded receptacle, and if you use an adapter, that adapter must have 3 holes: the 2 blades and the ground.

My laptop:
Lenovo Y510p, Intel Quad-Core i7-4700MQ up to 3.4GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4600, nVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 2GB GDDR5, 8GB RAM, 15.6" Full HD, 1TB 5400rpm HDD + 24GB SSD M.2 (cache), Intel Wireless-N 7260, 72Wh

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors