Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LightSpeed
Paper Tape
Views: 3,175
Message 1 of 7

Problem: Power Schemes are disabled - Lenovo 3000 Y400

Guys,

Help! I just can't modify the Power Schemes of my laptop, i.e. it's always disabled [Start->Control Panel->Power Options->Power Schemes]. I tried using Regedit to no avail. It's always come back to the default Lenovo scheme when I reboot. By the way I always login as Admin.

Here's some information that might be of some help:

Model: Lenovo 3000 Y400
MT/Mod: 9454-340

I hope to get some expert advice from here.

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by LightSpeed on 06-01-2008 02:13 AM

Message Edited by LightSpeed on 06-01-2008 02:14 AM
ckhown
Punch Card
Views: 3,149
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problem: Power Schemes are disabled - Lenovo 3000 Y400

hai,

Please check your device manager , make sure all your driver install properly.

For your information, if you have installed Lenovo Energy Cut, under  windows power scheme (in control panel\power option) will be disable and  power shceme control By Lenovo energy Cut.

Nicholas K.H.Chai
Malaysia
YM: ckhown
LightSpeed
Paper Tape
Views: 3,127
Message 3 of 7

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks a lot for your advice. I temporarily uninstalled Lenovo Energy Cut so I can choose the proper Power Schemes that's right for me. It's now working.

Again thank you. I really appreciate your help.

More power.

Regards,

Rupert

Message Edited by LightSpeed on 06-01-2008 06:30 PM
Jetxx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,116
Message 4 of 7

but if lenovo power scheme is not enabled, will the performance of the notebook be compromised?
My Lenovo 3000 Y410 7757-52A NoteBook:
T7500(2.2GHz), 3GB RAM, 160GB 5400rpm HD, 14.1in 1280x800 LCD, 128MB nVIDIA GeForce FX Go8400 GS, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11agn wireless, Bluetooth, Modem, 10/100 Ethernet, touch pad, Camera, 6c Li-Ion, Win XP Pro SP2
ckhown
Punch Card
Views: 3,105
Message 5 of 7

Hai Jetxx

Lenovo Energy Cut is design for automatic system selecting the suitable scheme for you according to your battery status... 

Example ,

When your battery level is full,,  the Lenovo Energy cut software will adjust to wil automatic adjust to level performance.
If your battery level is low, it's will automatic adjust to level low to saving power consume on your laptop and you can use your laptop for longer period of time when u are not plug-in power..

You can customize the setting to suit your need, example performance level you can customize the cpu speed frequency, screen brigtness and etc.

You may also disable auto adjust, and you may manually adjust according to your need easy from taskbar.

Lenovo Energy Cut give u more choice selected level scheme, which windows xp/vista does not support such multiple level for your selection. The energy Cut from lenovo, given u more choice with easy power scheme.

but if u not install this Lenovo Energy Cut,  your laptop will running with maximum speed frequency and you can choice your 1 level power scheme at  windows control panel/power option.

Nicholas K.H.Chai
Malaysia
LightSpeed
Paper Tape
Views: 3,085
Message 6 of 7

Hi Nicholas,

The reason I temporarily uninstalled Lenovo Energy Cut is because it hinders the operation of my LimeWire downloading when I left my laptop alone. What I mean is even though my laptop is plugged in the power outlet (with no battery attached), the Energy Cut always turned off my HD after about 20 minutes or so when there's no keyboard or mouse movement. That's the issue I was having that's why I need to choose the right Power Scheme of Windows instead of the default Lenovo Energy Cut.

Anyway thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Rupert

Message Edited by LightSpeed on 06-02-2008 02:21 AM

Message Edited by LightSpeed on 06-02-2008 02:22 AM
ckhown
Punch Card
Views: 3,049
Message 7 of 7

Dear friend,

For your information, Lenovo energy cut have option to customizer all the power option for multiple scheme,

Your needs which is disable auto turn off hard disk, it's included in lenovo energy cut, which u are able to disable the option to  turn off hard disk or configure long time to turn off your hard disk.

To customize and disable your auto turn off hard disk, Go to " Start/All Programs/Lenovo/Energy cut " or  just double click your energy cut at taskbar,, under optional scheme, double click and u easy choice all the customize your need (Turn off hard disk option is under properties of SYSTEM).  You also able to disable auto select scheme option, u can select manually your need.

Message Edited by ckhown on 06-03-2008 05:47 PM
Nicholas K.H.Chai
Malaysia

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors