09-21-2008 11:02 AM
I have lenovo Y410 775745Q laptop.
I have downraded it to Windows Xp SP3.
It was working fine till last week then all of a sudden the touchpad started creating problem
1) I am facing issue with cursor movemet.
2) It closes opens any windows without my action.
3) It is a bit jerky meaning if i am moving it for left direction it will go on top or will not reespond at all.
Things I tried
1) I thought could be hardware issue hence tried with USB mouse. I nitialy it worked but again it also stops responding in between, that time I remove the mouse and reconnect it works.
2) I tried lots of drivers the one I use it is version 5 downloaded from Lenovo site, I tried v 6 Toshiba and V 7 for Dell. none resolved my issue.
3) tried removing hidden hardware devces from deice manager.
4) formatted to clean windows XP SP2 and installed the drivers v 5.
now b4 logging call to Lenovo for hardware issue would like to know what else I can do or It is issue with Touchpad.
Also the touchpad is registered as Alps Pointing Device in Device manager.
10-21-2008 10:31 AM
If the problem with the mouse pointer is persisting even when you are using a usb mouse, then the problem will not be with your touch pad only....
Did you try to set the settings of the touchpad to default via the touchpad icon found in the notification area, or if some setting is wrong in that?
If not, then please whether that shows any difference...