Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmuvvala
Paper Tape
Views: 115,366
Message 1 of 16

Problem with Wireless Internet Connection in Lenovo 3000 Y410

Hi,
     Today I got my Lenovo 3000 Y410 notebook, I have a problem with wireless connection, the machine is not detecting any wireless networks. When I am trying to connect to a Wireless network it is showing "Windows cannot find any networks". I even turned on the wireless switch which is on the front side. All of my friends can able to work using wireless connection network. Do any body know the solution? And I can connect internet by using cable.

Thanks,
 Deepak.
Former Administrator
Views: 115,202
Message 2 of 16

Re: Problem with Wireless Internet Connection in Lenovo 3000 Y410

Deepak,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

What does device manager show concerning your wireless adapter? 

dmuvvala
Paper Tape
Views: 115,176
Message 3 of 16

Hi,
     My problem is solved, I tried Fn + F5 key it started working.

Thanks for your support.

Deepak....
toddfehr
What's DOS?
Views: 115,076
Message 4 of 16

Hi Mark,

I have this same issue with a new machine, and while I had found the FN - F5 combination to enable/disable the wireless functionality, hitting that only ever shows the disable icon on the screen and never shows the wireless icon as being active.

When I look through Network Connections, the NIC itself is Enabled and displays as Not Connected.  When I try to search for networks in range, there are none to be found, despite the fact that I am sitting beside the SMC router, with an IBM Thinkpad with another Intel wireless card inside it that is happily connected.  I am also able to pull out one of my old Dells with a piece of crap USB 1.0 wireless NIC and connect it as well no problem, so it is not an issue of maximum connections.  I have MAC filtering set up in the router, and the router itself recognizes the Lenovo machine as a valid client via it's MAC address and has imported the machines name into the client table, which is a default function that sort of let's you know you're good to go from a config perspective.  It has even reserved it an IP address, yet the machine itself refuses to connect to pick up the address.

I currently have the Lenovo machine connected through the router using the wired NIC, but need to get the wireless working as the machine is for my sister-in-law.  I have tried to update the driver, disable/enable, looked in the BIOS (limited options available) and am looking for some direction on what to try next.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Todd

toddfehr
What's DOS?
Views: 115,073
Message 5 of 16

OK, go figure, I have one of those rumoured built in Bluetooth wireless units, which has the additional on/off switch underneath the mouse pad.  In short, RTWFM, Read The Whole F----- Manual!

Thanks for being there all the same! Man Very Happy
shail59
Paper Tape
Views: 110,028
Message 6 of 16

Hi,

I had problem with Wireless Internet Connection in Lenovo 3000 Y410.

I was looking for the solution. Everytime i try to manage wireless device my Laptop was showing message as No WLAN card giving me the wrong impression of lacking hardware for WiFi.

But, it is solved when i used Fn+F5 key to switch use of Wireless connection from Bluetooth.

So it seems it's just lack of knowledge of using the keys properly.

Thank you for the advice.

Shailesh

shail59@hotmail.com

jlpesqu
What's DOS?
Views: 109,376
Message 7 of 16

so how did you fix your problem?

shail59
Paper Tape
Views: 109,354
Message 8 of 16

Hi,

With Window 7 ultimate 32- bit, you have to simply switch from bluetooth mode to WiFi mode by pressing Fn+F5.

Be sure you have switch bluetooth/WiFi button on. It's on front panal ( Read user manual ).

But in Window Xp professional i guess you need to update your drivers too, in addition to Fn+F5.  Latest Drivers downloaded from lenovo site didn't help me. I downloaded and istalled driver checker software. Rest of the work was done by driver checker chittochat. Thanks a lot to that program uploader in www. torrentz.com.

Best of luck.

Shailesh.

deepeshpm
Paper Tape
Views: 107,490
Message 9 of 16

Hi,

I have a different issue with wireless internet connection for Y410 3000 model. Eventhough I am able to connect to the internet by wifi, the connection is very slow. With the same wifi connection I am able to connect a different model laptop and this confirms that the issue is with wifi only.

Can anyone suggest idea to improve the performance ..

Deepesh 

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 107,485
Message 10 of 16

@ deepeshpm

please, take a look at this thread.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale