Did you mean: 
F20000
What's DOS?
Views: 302
Message 1 of 3

Problem with changing CPU - Lenovo Z510

Hello!

I have big problem with changing CPU from i5 4200m to i7 4702mq 

when i put i7 and start laptop the windows starting to boot and afther 2-3 seconds i got Blue Screen and the laptop restart automaticly and it do the same infinity times , i try to reinstall the Windows but it’s the same when windows logo came up i got the Blue Screen for 1 sec and instantly restart. When i change the CPU to old one (i5) everything is good. What is the problem ? I know that CPU is perfect and working with this motherboard. Did i need bios update or something to run this processor ?? Please help

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 190
Message 2 of 3

Re:

Hi, Thanks for reaching out. We would recommend performing a BIOS update to rule out the possibility of this causing the issue. You can use this link to go directly to our support website to find the most updated BIOS version for this computer. https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad-z5....

In addition, do you know if you have the FRU Part#: 102500541 or 102500540 listed on the CPU packaging? The reason for this is that the BIOS has a whitelist and only tested FRU's will work (see page 87 of the manual for more info https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_z410z510z510touch_hmm.pdf).

Let us know if you have any questions.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 174
Message 3 of 3

Re: Re:

It is important to have the latest BIOS when changing CPUs..  I would also suggest booting into the BIOS with the new CPU (if possible) and load setup defaults.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors