Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToxyFlog
Paper Tape
Views: 2,552
Message 1 of 9

Problem with display on y510p

I'm having an issue with my Lenovo Y510p laptop. The display kind of flutters and pulses on flat colours. If I'm playing a video game or something its hard to notice, but it's most noticeable on  flat grey colours, but it's noticable on every colour if you look hard enough. Customer service said this might be a driver issue, but i highly doubt that. Any one have any fixes on this problem or run into the same problem? I'm a U.S. customer, and my laptop came from china, in case that makes any difference.

Guru
Views: 2,475
Message 2 of 9

Re: Problem with display on y510p

I dont think that the laptop shipping from a different place makes a difference.

Although coming to your problem, Have you tried to completely uninstall all graphics drivers and re-installing them?

you should try that and only then you can say whether it is caused by the drivers or not.

Corrupt drivers can definitely cause a flickering screen. Other reasons are bad screen, bad graphics card etc.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
ToxyFlog
Paper Tape
Views: 2,466
Message 3 of 9

Okay I just reinstalled all the drivers and it made it WORSE than before

Guru
Views: 2,460
Message 4 of 9

Ok, I am supposing you did ONLY a Re-install and not a clean install.

Clean Install Steps -

1. Disable your Display Adapter in the Control Manager under Device managment.

(Restart your system and check if the problem persists, if not then problem is definitely with your graphics drivers)

2. Go to Programs and Features and Uninstall all Drivers. Restart.

3. Now, start up, download and Install the graphics Drivers.

4. Restart system and verify if problem persists.

If you still face the problem, contact Lenovo support to repair your laptop.

Also, Clean Install is very important since your old drivers could already be corrupted and only re-writing them doesnt necessary solve the problem.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,448
Message 5 of 9

ToxyFlog try booting into safe mode and see if display behaves wrong still if not then un-install nvidia drivers and see if it repeats again when booting into normal mode if it doesent then it could of been just a driver bug.
ToxyFlog
Paper Tape
Views: 2,433
Message 6 of 9

Alright, it was the Intel 4600 driver looks like, once i uninstalled it, the pulsing stopped. I thought it would be a hardware issue with like a wire or something being knocked around while being shipped.... Anyways thanks for the help!

ToxyFlog
Paper Tape
Views: 2,431
Message 7 of 9

Wait nope nevermind, i forgot it's hard to see it a full brightness. Turned the brightness to about 80% and it's still there...

xtrillian
Paper Tape
Views: 2,374
Message 8 of 9

I have the same problem. What did you do in the end?
Mastermind_0xff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,348
Message 9 of 9

Have the exact same problem. I think it's connected with the Inversion (pixel walk) of the display. Flickering should occure but IT SHOULD NOT BE SO BAD! My GF crappy HP has better responding display, my old Lenovo y450 has better responce and ZERO fliker. This display has flicker even on white background (right now while I'm typing). It's like it's floating or something.

Just got mine from repare service by Lenovo (my mother board was toasted). I did explain the problem with few others - microphone was randomly working (upon sleep/turn on), touch pad was moving by itself and keboard was adding extra key strokes from time to time. All fixed except the display (and probably the keyboard... can't tell yet). Everyone sees it flickers... even in the store I bought it. Actually this is the second machine since I returned the first one for that reason and got new one.

Dear Lenovo, I'm a programmer for 14 years and this is the second machine I bought from you for a year or so. Please advice how should I proceed with this problem. I spend like 10-14 hours a day infront of my computer and this is serious issue for my health and sight.

Also I've sent my machine for repare on 23.04.2014 and received it on 29.05.2014 (more than a month). Don't want new machine want this fixed.

Best Regards,

Tony

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors