cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santhosh912
What's DOS?
Views: 659
Message 1 of 8

Problem with easy capture web camera with Windows 7.

Hai Everyone,

I am using Lenovo Ideapad Y430 laptop. It was purchased in 2009 and the OS that has come along with it was Windows Vista home premium.  As i was facing some frequent problems with that OS while using my laptop in some workgroup, recently I have changed its OS to Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate version.

And I found its easy capture web camera was not working with windows 7. Then I have downloaded the camera driver compatible with windows 7 32 bit from Lenovo official website. But this also didn’t work out.

Can anyone please suggest what can be its problem and how can I rectify it?

Please help me.

--

Thanks in Advance

Santhosh Kumar.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 638
Message 2 of 8

Re: Problem with easy capture web camera with Windows 7.

Hi Kumar,

I would try to delete the camera drivers and then reinstalling the latest one from the support site. (support.lenovo.com)

Miguel 
Community Service Readiness, Spanish, Smart Device & Gaming Community Leader

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

santhosh912
What's DOS?
Views: 627
Message 3 of 8

Hai Miguel,

Thanks for your response. I have tried that also number of times. But its not working and same is the problem. I forgot to mention that in my posting. I have tried this with the driver exe files from the lenovo website with the file names ID1CAM23WW5, IN2STW01WW5, IN3BTH17WW5 & LN1CAM7WW3.

I am not understanding what is left to try now.

--

Santhosh Kumar.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 621
Message 4 of 8

Hi Kumar,

That might be part of the problem, you are trying to install 2 drivers that are not for your machine.

Since you are running Win 7 32-bit you need to download and install only IN3BTH17WW5

My suggestion would be to uninstall everything related to camera and to restart your machine and then install this driver:

http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/Driver/en/Downloads%20and%20Drivers/Y430/win%207/IN3BTH17WW5.ex...

Miguel 

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

santhosh912
What's DOS?
Views: 615
Message 5 of 8

Hai Miguel,

As you suggested I have unstalled everything related to camera, have performed disk clean up, restarted the system and then installed only that particular driver. Its showing a message "device is not found".

--

Santhosh Kumar.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 603
Message 6 of 8

Hi Santosh912,

So then this is probably not a software related issue but a problem with the actual hardware.

Are you still within warranty?

Miguel 

santhosh912
What's DOS?
Views: 598
Message 7 of 8

Hai Miguel,

My laptop is no more under warranty. My camera was working well till this August. After I have changed my OS from Vista to Windows 7, my camera is not working.

--

Santhosh Kumar.

santhosh912
What's DOS?
Views: 570
Message 8 of 8

Hai Miguel,

For my Lenovo Ideapad Y430 series can I have easy capture camera driver for windows 7 64 bit please?

I could not find it online.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors