03-03-2011 12:34 PM
10-15-2013 09:03 PM
Not sure if any of you have resolved this issue, but I had this issue and fixed it with a few simple steps.
This is NOT A HARDWARE issue!!
the Y560 has quite a few problems.
Problems for the speaker error:
1. The Realtek HDMI drivers conflict with the ATI HDMI.
2. The JBL speakers use dolby digtal and a optical connection workaround I think which messes up the optical in the headphone jack since it can be used for SPDIF.
3. Those of you who have the switch for the Intel HD to ATI messes up the HDMI driver due ot turing the ATI card off.
The SOLUTION is as follows:
Check in the sound - playback deviecs that you have ATI HMDI, speakers and digital output.
If not got to control panel - device manager and under:
1. System devices make sure 2 HD definition audio controllers are present and both turned on with no down arrows.
2. Secondly under sound, video and game you have ATI HDMI audio and Realtek definition audio present.
If you don't have the above entries re-install the drivers that came with the laptop or get new ones from Realtek:
Download the HDMI and the Realtek driver - 2downloads. Use at own risk, I'm using these ones sound much better. Speaker might still not work.
The trick I use when the left speaker goes is to let windows fix the error by deleting the 2 HD definition audio controllers. Then restart the laptop and windows should find 4 new items wait for them to load. Then wait another minute and restart again so that the HD Realtek manager can load with these new drivers with correct association and the icon appears in the right task bar.
Hope this solves your problem they solved mine.