Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raj_8b
What's DOS?
Views: 510
Message 1 of 3

Problem with z410 - battery draining immediately

Hi

I have been using Z410 since almost 1 year now (warrenty expired) but since couple of days I can notice that in 2 mins of removing the power adaptor from the laptop, it just shutdowns. 

Looking into the forum I can understand that the battery is not functioning correctly however the power manager shows battery as normal. I did the gauge reset also. 

issue still presisst,Is replacing the battery only option in this case?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 480
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem with z410 - battery draining immediately

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

From what you have described it sounds like the battery is failing and needs to be replaced.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

UniCorn_88
Paper Tape
Views: 310
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem with z410 - battery draining immediately

I have struggled with the same problem. My battery went faulty just 2 weeks after the warranty period. I approached the service center who said the battery needs to be replaced. I replaced the battery only to find that 5 months, I faced the same issue once again.

After reading and doing lots of research, and trying a hell lot of things, I finally tried reinstalling the battery firmware which I got from the link :
https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/sm/z500_z510_battery_firmware_update.zip

Go through the README file in the zip before running the application.
Please note that this works ONLY on the original battery. The replacement battery I bought was not original Lenovo battery(as it was not available in my region). Hence, the firmware upgrade will fail to proceed with the process.

So I put back my original (supposedly faulty battery!) and tried the firmware upgrade and it worked!
Now I'm back to using my laptop with atleast 2.5 to 3 hours of battery backup on the old original battery (which the service center guys told me was damaged!) for the past 3 months with no problems.

Dear Lenovo Team, its a disaster that you people are not able to provide proper diagnosis and solution to this KNOWN problem , widely faced by a lot of customers. I spent a considerable amount of time, effort and money for absolutely nothing, just to realize that it had nothing to do with any hardware!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors