Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 3 (268 Views)

Problem with z410 - battery draining immediately

Hi

I have been using Z410 since almost 1 year now (warrenty expired) but since couple of days I can notice that in 2 mins of removing the power adaptor from the laptop, it just shutdowns. 

Looking into the forum I can understand that the battery is not functioning correctly however the power manager shows battery as normal. I did the gauge reset also. 

issue still presisst,Is replacing the battery only option in this case?

Community Moderator
Message 2 of 3 (238 Views)

Re: Problem with z410 - battery draining immediately

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

From what you have described it sounds like the battery is failing and needs to be replaced.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue,      posting in the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 3 (68 Views)

Re: Problem with z410 - battery draining immediately

I have struggled with the same problem. My battery went faulty just 2 weeks after the warranty period. I approached the service center who said the battery needs to be replaced. I replaced the battery only to find that 5 months, I faced the same issue once again.

After reading and doing lots of research, and trying a hell lot of things, I finally tried reinstalling the battery firmware which I got from the link :
https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/sm/z500_z510_battery_firmware_update.zip

Go through the README file in the zip before running the application.
Please note that this works ONLY on the original battery. The replacement battery I bought was not original Lenovo battery(as it was not available in my region). Hence, the firmware upgrade will fail to proceed with the process.

So I put back my original (supposedly faulty battery!) and tried the firmware upgrade and it worked!
Now I'm back to using my laptop with atleast 2.5 to 3 hours of battery backup on the old original battery (which the service center guys told me was damaged!) for the past 3 months with no problems.

Dear Lenovo Team, its a disaster that you people are not able to provide proper diagnosis and solution to this KNOWN problem , widely faced by a lot of customers. I spent a considerable amount of time, effort and money for absolutely nothing, just to realize that it had nothing to do with any hardware!

Top kudoed Authors