Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enezi
What's DOS?
Views: 955
Message 1 of 2

Problems connecting to Home WIFI network Lenovo Ideapad Z580

Hi All -

I recently bought a new laptop, a Lenovo Ideapad Z580. It works wonderfully (although I will admit I'm not a fan of windows 8). Problem is, I always seem to have problems connecting to my home wifi connection. Before it worked perfectly, but now I've been having problems with it, seemingly out of nowhere.

All the other tablets, phones, laptops and computers at home connect to the network just fine. My laptop will detect the home network go on an endless loop of "identifying," followed by "cannot connect to network", followed by "identifying" yet again.

Keep in mind though, if I connect to the wifi on campus, or at starbucks or anywhere else it works perfectly. It's JUST my home network and I can't quite put my finger on it considering that all other devices at home work fine.

I updated my drivers, restarted my drivers, ran a release/renew, TCP/IP reset, restarted the router, restarted my laptop, but none of these have worked. In the end, I gave up and simply plugged in an Ethernet cable in.

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know! This is getting frustrating considering my Ethernet cable is only like, 5 feet long.

Greatly appreciated

Tinderbox_UK
Broadband 3G
Views: 941
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problems connecting to Home WIFI network Lenovo Ideapad Z580

Have a look in your device drivers then network adapters , the one for the broadcom wifi, double click on it and go to advanced then click on AP compatibility mode, the change it from high speed to broader compatibility.

I don't know if this will help or not.

John.

Win7 Lenovo Ideapad Z580 i5-3210m HD4000 Win7 x64 8gb 1600MHz Samsung 830 256GB SSD

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors