Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fahrabh
Serial Port
Views: 1,266
Message 1 of 5

Problems with my z580 and Windows 8 Pro

Hello everyone Smiley Happy

Its over a month since i got my new laptop lenovo z580.Everything was going fine until i had windows 7 and all the correct drivers and tweaks for my system and with absolutely no problems whatsoever.Then one fine day i decided to install windows 8 on my laptop litle knowing about the problems it would create thereof.

anyways , I have a lot of Problems with my system now and they are stated below

1. Volume Mixer wont work.Clicking pops up with an error.Volume Mixer has stopped working with two options

a) check online for a solution 

and

b) close the program.

2. Every now and then another windows error pops up. Thumbnail extraction has failed.

3. Just Three touch keys on the panel above the keyboard are working ( mute , Volume Up and Volume Down ) i.e the remaining two ( one that controls the fan and the on key theatre applications arent displayed neither do their functionalities)

4. My Device Manager has some " Lenovo RMCT Display Driver " listed with some yellow exclamation mark over it.Tried to find the driver for the same but couldn't.Somebody let me know what it is and where would be the driver that would install for it.

5. My WiFi worked somehow for a day and that day it showed just three wifi networks in my range while as at the same time another lenovo laptop at home showed around 8 wi fi networks available.Kindly let me know what probably could be the problem.

6. USB 3.0 driver is not compatible.Where would i find the compatible driver for windows 8 ? 

7. Press Numlock and Caps lock would show onscreen but it wont now.

8. Applications i use mostly like winrar , vlc has to be provided admin rights then only they would play videos or extract files.

9. Synaptics Gestures wont anyhow work.Everytime i start my system pop up message that Synaptics has failed pops up along with dolby too.

In short Nothing is actualyy really working.Nothing is fine with my system.Thanks to lenovo for my additional problems Smiley Happy.P . S I had DELL Latitude before and my DELL software would maintain the drivers by themselves as unlike of lenovo and why perhaps lenovo restrains from making one for idea systems.They would have managed the drivers for a customer.I am still wondering what made me buy a lenovo laptop over dell laptop and my problems thank me for buying one !! 

ALL Drivers are Windows 8 Compatible that have been downloaded from Lenovo site and yet dont work with Windows 8.

Incredibly incredible !!
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,258
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problems with my z580 and Windows 8 Pro

hi fahrabh,
you should un-install all the drivers and software before upgrading the operation system. can you confirm that you have performed the upgrade after un-installing the drivers?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
fahrabh
Serial Port
Views: 1,253
Message 3 of 5

i did not upgrade to windows 8.I did a clean install and installed windows 8.
Incredibly incredible !!
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,248
Message 4 of 5

please, take a look at the thread below. i believe you could find some suggestions/solutions for your issues. for others, it sounds like windows issue and i suggest you to update it if you didn't already.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Ideapad-Z580-trouble-with-Intelligent-Touch...

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
fahrabh
Serial Port
Views: 1,233
Message 5 of 5

My windows is updated and it shows no updates available.Also , the link you mentioned does not help me.

Does lenovo not provide support ?

Incredibly incredible !!
Top Kudoed Authors