Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nyltla
Paper Tape
Views: 6,222
Message 1 of 7

Problems with new IdeaPad Y430

Hi,

I recently purchased (like yesterda) an Ideapad Y430 and the problems have begun already.

Firstly, some of the keys on the keyboard aren't sensitive to touch (e.g. the "T" button.) As I am typing this I have to hit the button hard before the letters appear. I am assuming this is not normal? The laptop in the showroom did not have this issue.

Secondly, when I got it. I connected to the net in order to download antivirus software (I went direct to the antivirus software site). Lo and behold, adware was found on the laptop when it did a boottime scan. The adware was found in C:\Program Files\Lenovo\OneKey App\One Key Recovery and D:\drivers\onekey_recovery\data1.cab. The laptop came preinstalled with software WildGames, which could be the source of the adware. I searched the background tasks to see if there some things that unwanted programs running and found this which did not look familiar to mel:-

startup item"Unattend0000000001{........}

command: c:\windows\test.bat

Is this legit?

Also, would I by eligible to get my laptop replaced by Lenovo with all this crap occuring on the same day of the purchase?

Solvan
802.11n
Views: 6,205
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problems with new IdeaPad Y430

Since it's only one day, you can go back to the store where you bought it and explain to them the issues that you are having with  your one-day old laptop.  Just the keyboard issue alone would merit a replacement I guess.  I believe, it has a one-year warranty, more if you buy extended insurance warranty

If they change it, try and use the laptop in the store to make sure that everything is working properly.

jzin
What's DOS?
Views: 6,039
Message 3 of 7

I bought the Ideapad recently as well...absolutely LOVE it.

Except for ONE little tiny thing.

THERE IS A FREAKINGLY IRRITATING hot/dead pixel that is in the middle of my screen!

It's only less than a week old and this?!

It may be small but it's irritating.

Can I get it fixed/replaced?

nyltla
Paper Tape
Views: 6,032
Message 4 of 7

Hi jzin, I see that you're posting from Singapore. Did you buy it from COMEX (the Lenovo booth managed by Courts)? If you did, you can get it replaced. I'm currently awaiting the arrival of the shipment of the particular model I'm looking for. Its gonna take 2-3 weeks apparently. But anyways, good luck!

jzin
What's DOS?
Views: 6,024
Message 5 of 7

Hi

Thanks for replying...ya...I did bought it from COMEX!

So...did u go back to Courts or Lenovo? Did u have to bring the notebook to them?

The ideapad is fantastic...except for that irritating pixel...

nyltla
Paper Tape
Views: 6,006
Message 6 of 7

I went back to Courts...and omg getting through to Cust. Service is impossible. I have left messages (phone and email) with the Cust. Service and they have not replied me till today (I rang them on Monday, late morning). I then brought it down to one outlet and the IT guy says there aren't any left in their inventory, so I'm awaiting shipment of the new ones, which they say should arrive in 2-3 weeks time. But, I suggest ringing them up and bugging them about it, if not they won't budge.

jzin
What's DOS?
Views: 5,916
Message 7 of 7

many thanks! will call the vendor that i bot it from. hope u get ur shipment real soon! (and with everything working ok!)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors