Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redvon69
What's DOS?
Views: 338
Message 1 of 3

Protected Partition on IdeaPad Z570

I have an IdeaPad Z570 that I want to bring back to factory settings because of a virus.  I am aware that this will cause the loss of all data.

As of yet I cannot find the restore disc (not sure there ever was one) but thought there might be a protected partition on the computer that I could use in the reformat instead.  After I reviewed the partitions in the disc management and I see two possible partitions that could contain the restore files and OS.  However one is empty and the other appears too small to contain the OS (Windows 7) .

Partition 1: Healthly (OEM Partition) - 14.75GB (with 100% free)

Partition 2: Healthly (System, Active, Primary Partition) - 200MB (with 79% free)

* See screenshot *

Any ideas on how I can restore this computer back to factory settings if I cannot locate the restore discs or if the protected partitions are not for the recovery reformat?  Any help would be great.  Thanks in advance for your help!

View screenshot of partitions

Moderator note: images totalling more than 50k discouraged. Hotlinked image removed:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 330
Message 2 of 3

Re: Protected Partition on IdeaPad Z570

Hello and welcome,

If the recovery partition is intact, you should be able to use it via the existing One Key Recovery tools.  See page 35 of your user's guide:  Lenovo IdeaPad Z370/Z470/Z570 User Guide V1.0

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

redvon69
What's DOS?
Views: 291
Message 3 of 3

Re: Protected Partition on IdeaPad Z570

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors