Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcinator
Serial Port
Views: 377
Message 1 of 3

Purchased Z570 Motherboard Missing GPU Chipset

I purchased online a motherboard for my Lenovo Z570 and during installation had NOT noticed there was no GPU chip installed. Surprise! On startup I got a white screen. After going through troubleshooting steps I determined the motherboard was functioning except there was no graphics. So when I searched for another motherboard online I saw boards from China offered and the posting showed that these boards came without GPU's. Second surprise, checking the board I installed the chip was missing. 

The question now is am I stuck and need to replace my replacement board or is there any way I can install a GPU? I don't want an external GPU for the simple reason I want to sell this laptop. I don't see any way to install a GPU for the reason it's soldered in and can be installed only with the special pool soldering type equipment. I'm pretty sure it's impossible because there are no alternative way to internally connect direcly to this board any kind of graphics. Please verify I'm screwed or if there is some alternative please let me know. Thank you for any input. It's greatly appreciated.

Mack
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 348
Message 2 of 3

Re: Purchased Z570 Motherboard Missing GPU Chipset

I am assuming you bought one of the boards that is supposed to have discrete graphics, not one that is integrated.  Is that true?  If so, I think you're screwed.  Even getting a chip to mount assuming you can get your hands on an SMD rework station would be difficult.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Mcinator
Serial Port
Views: 251
Message 3 of 3

Re: Purchased Z570 Motherboard Missing GPU Chipset

Yepper, I though so. Thanks for the input.

Mack

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors