Did you mean: 
Ehsan405
What's DOS?
Views: 25,670
Message 1 of 2

Qualcomm Atheros AR956x wireless network adapter problem

Hi

I have Win 8.1 on my Y5070

After I uninstalled HotSpotshield software and restarted, I lost these two drivers:

Qualcomm Atheros AR956x wireless network adapter

and

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

I managed to intall driver of 2nd one by unstalling the device and reinstalling the latest version of drive(v10.0.0.298) and it's ok now

But 1st one has still problem

I installed this:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-noteboo...

and restarted...

it still has the yellow sign in Device manager, saying:

"This device cannot start. (code 10)"

I followed this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104

and no result!

Please guide me Smiley Indifferent

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 25,640
Message 2 of 2

Re: Qualcomm Atheros AR956x wireless network adapter problem

hi Ehsan405,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try the following:

1. Navigate to Control Panel (icon views) > Programs and Features and uninstall anything that relates to Qualcomm or Atheros Wireless Driver and reboot. 

2. After the reboot, you should see Network Controller under Device Manager. Perform a right click on this entry and select Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver software and point to one of these folders to update the driver:

D:\Drivers\WLAN

or

C:\drivers\WLAN Driver(Atheros, Broadcom, Realtek)\Atheros\10.0.0.274

If the code 10 error persist, it's likely that some registry entries were corrupted when you uninstalled Hotspotshield. If possible, perform a System Restore to revert the unit back to working condition and follow this guide in uninstalling Hotspot Shield.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors