Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santhinen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 891
Message 1 of 1

Query regarding S/PDIF and Realtek Digital Output in Y530

Hi, I have bought Y530-4164U last November. It had come with Vista 64bit Home Premium. I observed that it had an S/PDIF Interface as one of the playback devices in the ControlPanel->Sound. And I occasionally observed that whenever I was about to plug my headphones, a red light used to turn on till I completely inserted the pin. It was not there before and will not be there once I remove it. I came to know that the light was an S/PDIF output.

Now I upgraded to Windows 7 64bit Business. Now the Controlpanel->Sound->Playback devices list shows NVidia HDMI, Speakers and Realtek Digital Output. There is no S/PDIF Interface option. The red light phenomena is still similar to what I said above.  All I want to know is

1) How can I enable the S/PDIF Interface and use it? Where exactly is this S/PDIF interface useful. How can I check that it is working(Should the red light be switched on always??)

2) What is the Realtek Digital Output option and How can I use it? If I select it and try to test it I just see the green volume bars jumping but I hear no audio either through the speakers or headphones. 

If I know how these things can be really used then it will be really useful since I can use my laptop upto its potential.

Thanks

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors