Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clayton88
Paper Tape
Views: 1,647
Message 1 of 8

Question About My Y530 and Windows 7...

I've got an IdeaPad Y530 and have the opportunity to download W7 this Tuesday.  I'm already moving my files to another computer so I can do a clean install, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to retain all of the Lenovo utilities, etc. from my laptop.  Is there some package I can download with all these utilities?  Thanks in advance for any help given.

hangnbyamoment
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,591
Message 2 of 8

Re: Question About My Y530 and Windows 7...

I think it may depend on whether you're installing the 32-bit system or the 64-bit system.  I have the 64-bit system and downloaded all the Windows 7 drivers from the Lenovo website, but there are a few bugs in the 64-bit system with some of the Lenovo drivers.  Also, theOneKey Recovery tool is not available to Windows 7 at all, and I don't think the Veriface tool is either, but I'm not entirely sure.  Hope that helps.

deepan_999
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,578
Message 3 of 8

I had a question about the media buttons, the ones on the left work but the right dont, what drivers did you install for that. Also what drivers did you use to get your webcam working.

Thanks

tfcarter
What's DOS?
Views: 1,512
Message 4 of 8

I have had the same issue. I have three devices that won't install with the drivers provided on the Lenovo website for Windows 7. I bought my Y530 with 4GB of RAM. The devices are for my Hotkeys and Energy Management. I am assuming the reason the ones on the website aren't installing is because they aren't 64-bit. I guess we will just have to wait for lenovo to release 64-bit drivers for Windows 7

tfcarter
What's DOS?
Views: 1,500
Message 5 of 8

UPDATE:

I have discovered that you can install the 64-bit drivers for Vista on Windows 7 and it should solve your problems until Lenovo develops them for Windows 7. My hot keys, energy management, and media card reader all work now. I would give it a try if you have any issues with drivers not installing on some devices.

Snipermx
Paper Tape
Views: 1,494
Message 6 of 8

I detect in Windows 7 the OSD Screen Functions does not work, in Vista if you press Fn+F5 appears a menu where you can turn On/Off the Bluetooth Antenna, in Windows 7 these menu not appears (even if you install ATK Hotkeys Drivers) you can´t off or on the BT module.

hangnbyamoment
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,475
Message 7 of 8

My problem with my bluetooth was that it was turned off and I couldn't get my FN+F5 key to work either, but I've heard that if you install the Vista 64-bit (or 32-bit if you have it) drivers from the Lenovo website, they do work.  I haven't had the time to try those myself yet so I don't know if they work or not, but the way I fixed my bluetooth was by restarting my computer and when it first comes on (while its still in post) press the F2 button to bring up the BIOS settings and go to the last tab and select restore default settings or whatever the default option says and select that and save and let your computer restart and your bluetooth/wifi light should turn purple again indicating that they are both on again and when you log into Windows 7, your computer should automatically install the drivers for your bluetooth.

naiLS1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,330
Message 8 of 8

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors