Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ted_d_bear
Paper Tape
Views: 1,461
Message 1 of 4

Question about the colors on the y510p.

Okay, so my son just got his new y510p laptop yesterday afternoon.  I am going to have to call Lenovo because it won't charge, but I wanted to know something about the graphics in case this is a problem that I need to address also. The colors look really off and the best way to describe it is when we are on a webpage with a white background the white doesn't look white, it looks yellow or off white.  It isn't a bright white like I have on my laptop which is a z580.

Is there something wrong with that or is it something that can be fixed by adjusting some settings?  Either way it is really killing our eyes.  Mine is on the left and my son's is on the right.  I would think his should look a lot better since his laptop is way better than mine.

Link to image

Moderator note: images totalling more than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,454
Message 2 of 4

Re: Question about the colors on the y510p.

Welcome to the forum!

I assume that you have tried adjusting the screen display properties and that didn't resolve the problem. When you call Lenovo about the charging issue I would also mention the dim screen display.  My best guess is the two problems are connected to the charging issue and the screen is receiving reduced power.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,435
Message 3 of 4

One more thing you might try... in looking over your model's User Guide I see the up/down arrow keys in combination with pressing the function Fn key will adjust the screen brightness.  If you haven't done so already, I would give this a try as well. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

ted_d_bear
Paper Tape
Views: 1,417
Message 4 of 4

Thank you Majestic.  I did try to adjust the brightness and it is all the way up.  I ended up calling Lenovo and am trying to get a replacement.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors