Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
zerokunz
Punch Card
Views: 1,543
Message 1 of 6

Question z500 fan

recently just bought a z500... wanna ask regard the heat sink... i think that the fan is not working properly coz i cant feel any wind come out from it.. but whn i tried the dust removal.. the fan is working... what is the prob?? sorry for my noob grammar

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,490
Message 2 of 6

Re: Question z500 fan

I own a Z570 and like yours, the fan is quiet during most operations.  If I run a virus scan for instance where the processor is working harder then I can hear my fan speed up.  Although the fan is quiet most of the time, the machine is not over heating. 

If you are in doubt then use a third party software like HWMonitor.  That software will monitor your temperatures along with other system information and give you an idea if your computer is truly overheating.  HWMonitor is free for the download and it is a widely used program.  Here is the link for it......

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

zerokunz
Punch Card
Views: 1,483
Message 3 of 6

i use speed fan to measure the temperature

GPU : 50C

HD1: 40C

HD0: 38C

TEMP1:39C

CORE0: 60C

CORE1: 59C

is this normal temperature?? this is the temperature in normal use... lik internet browsing and watching movie

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,468
Message 4 of 6

They look perfectly fine to me especially when watching a movie.  That sort of activity is giving the system a little more of a work out then just browsing the web.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

zerokunz
Punch Card
Views: 1,455
Message 5 of 6

oh... thx for the help.. coz my z500 just bought for few day... worry got problem >.<

alma_atabay
Paper Tape
Views: 917
Message 6 of 6

Hey guys;

I bought ideapad z500 about two months ago.I am generally satisfied with it.I had windows 8 enterprise on it

until yesterday and during the time I did not run any program or even seeing pdf files of even staying on a single webpage,the fan would stop totally and I heard no noise from it.I really liked that feature.the laptop was so cool.
but from yesterday since I had to change my windows and go to 8 pro edition and even by installing totally new drivers and updating bios,the fan never stops.it just stops when i let the dust remover feature from power management go for a couple of times.it will stop then it will again runs and never stops again until i do this again.
what do you think the problem is?Can you help me with tha?

Greets

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors