Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ksteven813
Punch Card
Views: 1,821
Message 1 of 7

Questions For Lenovo Y570

Hey,

I just received my Y570 yesterday and I am loving it!

All though I am wondering why my boot time is 1:46 seconds. I think it has to deal with bloat ware. Can anyone give me a list of bloatware that is safe to remove and useless?

velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 1,811
Message 2 of 7

Re: Questions For Lenovo Y570

Why not try stopping programs from starting up that you don't use or don't use that much, like "lenovo one key theater" I still don't know what this does so I untick it in system configuration. Go to system configuration and uncheck like I said, to get to system configuration just copy "system configuration" and paste it in the search programs & files then hit the start up tab, plus use Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer. 

zitnikp
Token Ring
Views: 1,802
Message 3 of 7

@ Velenoso666

About the onekeytheatre, it's that touch button next to the one with which you control the "fan speed mode". It slightly changes the contrast of the colors and uses a different sound scheme. It's more noticable if you have headphones on and are watching a movie..Otherwise it's pretty much useless.

@ Ksteven

You should try the technique described by velenoso, or you could try the EE boot optimizer, provided by lenovo. Although people on forum have been saying it's not working perfectly for them. You'll see in a few days which programs you use at startup and which you don't. I don't use lenovo's programs mostly so I've got almost all of them uninstalled, and I don't have a lot of things loaded on my laptop and I have the time to defrag my disk once a week so I keep my boot time at 30-40 secs without lenovo boot optimizer.

velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 1,797
Message 4 of 7

@zitnikp wrote:

@ Velenoso666

It slightly changes the contrast of the colors and uses a different sound scheme. It's more noticable if you have headphones on and are watching a movie..Otherwise it's pretty much useless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Yea I noticed the difference but I can't figure out why the bothered write a program to do that, as if windows hasn't got that covered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could try the EE boot optimizer, provided by lenovo Although people on forum have been saying it's not working perfectly for them. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Well it did work for me, for which I am grateful that some of the bootware is useful.

Thanks zitnikp

zitnikp
Token Ring
Views: 1,795
Message 5 of 7

Hah velenoso666, I totaly agree about the onekey theatre. And I'm glad EE optimizer worked for you! To bo completly honest..I'm a bit scared to try it just because if something went wrong, I would certainly be too lazy to do a recovery haha Smiley Very Happy

ksteven813
Punch Card
Views: 1,788
Message 6 of 7

Thanks Guys!
What about the energy management. Is that useful?
What are all the bloatware that is included so I can see if I want it or not. I am having a hard time trying to differentiate between bloatware and non bloatware.
velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 1,775
Message 7 of 7

@zitnikp wrote:

To bo completly honest..I'm a bit scared to try it just because if something went wrong, 

That is so funny and sad at the same time, but ridiculously true for me as well. I wish I could clean uninstall Veriface, but when I tried I got a windows dialog box saying windows couldn't find it on startup, I had to reinstall Man Mad

P.S. I know I read a post the other day how some dude went through his entrie REG and delete every entry with the word veriface and the got rid of it altogether. ( someone should give him a medal, must of took longer to delete the software than to write.  Smiley LOL)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors