Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrGlister
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,171
Message 21 of 78

Re: Random Unwanted Keyboard Shortcuts

So I decided not to factory restore to waste my time and just send it in for repairs instead (since external keyboard is not causing anything), and backup whatever is needed. However, I forgot to ask a question about sending back my laptop.

Am I required to disable my windows login password?
Former Employee
Views: 2,163
Message 22 of 78

Hi MrGlister,

I think its better to remove the windows password or BIOS password so they are able to boot up your machine and test it before sending it back to you.

//JameZ
DLem
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,111
Message 23 of 78

fyi I've had my y560 since June, and in the past month or so I am experiencing the exact same problem.  It happens like you say, most notably when I am typing fast and usually in either a Word document or on a message board.  I do honestly think it might have something to do with heat for some reason, because the longer I've been on it the more it does it.  The "M" key is always the first to do it.

It's more than extraordinarily annoying, past the point of inconvenience.  Between this and a streaming video stutter issue I've had since I purchased this machine, I'm very likely going to have to send it it for work.  I hope a solution for this comes up, it's a pretty big flaw on an otherwise great machine.

My specs:

y560

i5 M 430 @ 2.27 GHz

Switchable graphics (ATI 5730M)

Win 7 64 bit

BIOS Version/Date    LENOVO 30CN57WW, 5/28/2010

A reminder, this problem doesn't ALWAYS occur, but it has with more frequency in the past month, and always at the most inconvenient times.  The longer I work on typing the more it pops up.

MrGlister
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,097
Message 24 of 78

Just an update, I sent my y560 in yesterday for repairs. Hopefully they don't just change the keyboard and considers it as solved. I also completely agree with you Dlem, it happens at the most random times. I don't know if it's heat issues because the hottest my laptop ran at is 55C degrees on the GPU. It would happen sometimes right after booting up from sleeping, or just 10 minutes in of activity. Not only does the frequency increase but the number of shortcut does as well. I pressed "u" once and my volume increased, windows snapped to the side, stuff were minimized, the shortcut "windows + P" was triggered. I'll try to post something when I get my laptop back.

One time I opened "On-screen keyboard" to check what exactly was happening when these shortcuts occured.  Some of the shotcuts were triggered and shown with the window key or alt key being pressed.  The FN key doesnt display any activity on the program.  So there's a possibility that it may be getting smushed in with other keys. 

DLem
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,078
Message 25 of 78

Thanks for the on screen keyboard idea, gonna fiddle with that and see if I can troubleshoot.

MrGlister
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,059
Message 26 of 78

Update time!

I just got back my y560 from the repair centre and have been using it for the last 60 minutes and finding it solved so far.  The time was fast~ sent on tuesday evening, received it back on friday morning.  Although i question why the box was so beat up... black smudges and looks like they've been applying ducktape and ripping it off all over the top.  Anyways, seems like the solution was a keyboard replacement.

DLem
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,044
Message 27 of 78

Excellent man, would you do me a favour and post back here in a month or so to confirm that this issue is still fixed?  If this truly is a bunk keyboard issue I'll send it in, but I'd like to know that it definitly fixed the problem.

personal information removed

pdschumy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,886
Message 28 of 78

Hi 

I have a ideapad Y560 and I too was facing the problem yesterday.

Now today morning the problem resurfaced(just 20-30 mins into action) and all i did was

1. press windows + r

2. type msconfig

3. go to the startups tab

4. uncheck all lenovo softwares press ok

5. restart.

I think it is a conflict between the lenovo software and the key strokes...it kinda screws up and the software and starts thinking it as an activation to the custom program settings...so I just thought NOT running the lenovo softwares at startup could solve the issue....

After restart my system seems to be working fine for the past 2 hours.

Kindly check this out and post your replies if it still persists....(i'll keep track of my laptop and come back as well)

pdschumy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,874
Message 29 of 78

m sorry guys...its not that easy to solve...!! (problem unsolved) 

The keystroke issue continues....if neone finds a solution...kindly let us all know !!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,866
Message 30 of 78

try to remove guard id application if it's installed.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors