Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrGlister
Not applicable
Views: 2,248
Message 31 of 78

Re: Random Unwanted Keyboard Shortcuts

If you really are experiencing the same problems as me.  Try plugging in an external usb keyboard and type on it, if the symptoms completely disappears, then it's most likely a defective keyboard.  When I sent it in, they confirmed it and replaced it.  After getting it back, the problem was completely solved. 

Bottom line: Contact techsupport for repairs

pdschumy
Not applicable
Views: 2,234
Message 32 of 78

I don't have an external keyboard....but I have Fedora on this laptop...n even it has the prob....so I guess it just boils down to sum hardware issue....m returnin th lap 4 a repair...!!

Wahad
Not applicable
Views: 2,222
Message 33 of 78

Well, when you disable touchpad, you dont have this kind of problems at all...

But yes, it is a hardware problem, some kind of weird interaction between touchpad and keyboard
DLem
Not applicable
Views: 2,203
Message 34 of 78

i'll second what glister's had to say on this.  i sent mine in for repair, they replaced the keyboard and it's been fine since.  i'll post back in a month or so to make sure it's still good.

also +100000000 for the speed of this return.  i received the box from them last monday, and had it repaired and back to my house by friday.  now THAT is service.

Paquita1986
Not applicable
Views: 2,073
Message 35 of 78

I connected an external keyboard and the problem completely dissapered so i thing the keyboard is defective, and i have only a month with thi pc, and i need it for my job how much time takes the guaranty for returning the computer?

yigit
Not applicable
Views: 2,066
Message 36 of 78

@ paquita1986

contact lenovo support line.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Paquita1986
Not applicable
Views: 2,030
Message 37 of 78

what's the
NUber for coLoMBIA

JameZ
Not applicable
Views: 2,027
Message 38 of 78

heyser
Not applicable
Views: 1,980
Message 39 of 78

defective keyboard

Recently the keyboard on my Y560 started to function wrong.

The problem appears exactly the same as this thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Random-Unwanted-Keyboard-Shortcuts/td-p/238... 

like pressing “m” will open a Lenovo window "Custom Program Settings", the "n" key can minimize, or close a window, and the "h" key mutes or unmutes volume.

This problem really gave me a headache when I was typing my papers. I tried others’ suggestion that to plug an external usb keyboard and test. And the symptoms completely disappeared. So I assume it's a defective keyboard. 

So I think I’d better send my Y560 to Lenovo for repair. I checked Lenovo support website and only find phone number that I can contact to. Since my speaking English is not very good, I prefer contact by email. I wonder if someone can give an custom service email address that I can contact to. Thanks.

FVILLARREAL
Not applicable
Views: 1,863
Message 40 of 78

Re: defective keyboard

Tengo el mismo problema, por favor mantener al tanto.

Ya probe todas sus sugerencias y aun nada. Genere el reporte de caso con Lenovo, estoy a la espera del servicio tecnico.

Tanslation taken from Google translate.

I have the same problem, please keep informed.

Probe and all suggestions and still nothing. Build the case report with Lenovo, I'm waiting for the service call.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors