Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hejazi
Paper Tape
Views: 8,796
Message 12 of 22

Re: Cannot install Nvidia Grphics Driver in Z500 with WIndows 7 64-bits

Thanks,
i've tried this solution and get success.

use final nvidia driver and download it from nvidia website,

i've used 320.49 version.

EDIT NOTE : This post was moved to the top of the thread to assist with an escalation. For all future post please continue using this thread.

zither
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,895
Message 1 of 22

Cannot install Nvidia Grphics Driver in Z500 with WIndows 7 64-bits

Dear all,

I bought Lenovo Ideapad Z500 last 2 days ago. When I tried to install nVidia Grphics driver on windows 7 (64-bits). It doesn't work. I used installer files downloaded from lenovo support site. All I got is just installiont for Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Error message shows

This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.

My laptop has nVidia GT 740M 2G card.

In BIOS settings, only two options about graphics "Switable graphics" and "Intel UMDA"

In windows device manager, it show unknown 3D video controller. I tried to search correct driver by using windows update service for driver but it cannot find.

I also tried to install with latest graphics driver from nVidia website for this graphic card but it also reply with same error message.

How can I slove this?
Plz help me.

Thanks
zither

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 11,888
Message 2 of 22

Welcome to the forum!

I am assuming the you did a clean install of Windows 7 on your system.  If so, did you install the Windows 7 Chipset Driver?  The chipset driver needs to be installed first so that the operating system can correctly identify all the other installed hardware for their driver installation.  Just install the chipset, reboot and then try installing the Nvidia driver.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

zither
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,880
Message 3 of 22

Thanks for quick reply,

Yes, I did clean install of windows 7 64 bits. I installed intel Chipset driver and restart windows. After that try to install Graphics driver but show same error message.

In device manager, unknown 3D video Controller is shown as before.

Thanks

zither

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 11,851
Message 4 of 22

Glad to hear the chipset was installed.  That driver is frequently forgotten during clean installs of the operating system.

Have you tried setting the graphics in the BIOS to the "switchable graphics" option then tried installing the Nvidia drivers? 

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

zither
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,843
Message 5 of 22

Yes, I also tried with such setting in BIOS but returns same error message.

Device manager & CPU Z detect graphics card but cannot install driver.

Windows also cannot find correct driver for graphics card. Windows 7 ISO 64 bits is directly downloaded from MS site.

I'm out of ideas... 
Thanks
zither

zither
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,841
Message 6 of 22

I also tried uninstall intel HD Graphics 4000 first and install nVidia Graphics driver in VGA mode but returns same error message.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 11,828
Message 7 of 22

Does your model by chance have a GPU switch on the side of the case to turn the Nvidia card off and on ?  There were some versions of my Z570 with an Nvidia card option. They had a GPU switch that allowed you to switch between the Nvidia card and the on-board Intel graphics. 

zither
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,823
Message 8 of 22

I check it both physically and on manual book. There is no such switch on my laptop.

I tried to install windows 8 64 bits driver. It recognize GT 740M but not work. When I try to change to dedicated graphics card, it becomes black out.

I think there might be problem with Windows 7 and I have to change Windows 8. I don't like tiles in windows 8.

Thanks
Thanks

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 11,798
Message 9 of 22

I assume that you downloaded the correct Nvidia driver on the Nvidia website.  Here is a link to the driver I found just to be sure........

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/62795

In doing a Google search on your problem.....  it looks like you are not the only one.

Google results.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=his+graphics+driver+could+not+find+compatible+graphics+hardware.&ie=...Smiley Surprised

Well, if all else fails and you revert back to using Windows 8, at least there are a couple of available free utilities now that will allow you to bypass the Metro screen and boot right into the Windows 8 desktop.  I use the one below on my Z570.....

http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php

You might also consider posting your problem in the appropriate forum over on the NVidia website.  The folks visiting there might be more familiar with the problem you are experiencing.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors