Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashishj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,217
Message 391 of 404

Re: Lenovo Z510 CPU stuck at 0.77GHz

i bought my  laptop lenovo z510 (i5 4 th gen(4200), nvidia geforce gt 740 m graphics) on 26 june 2015.

i bought it for daily purpose use, but i feel sorry to say that the laptop is just a box while playing games(witcher 2) on battery.

The lenovo catalogue shows that the laptop is supposed to turbo boost to 3.1 ghz, but this laptop shows clock speed of 0.77 ghz .

but to mention here that the laptop works excellent while on power source(upto 3.1 ghz).

The default bios version is v25, i feel afraid to upgrade to v40, because of its after effects mentioned in this forum.

please do troubleshoot this problem as fast as possible.

Highlighted
chavanshashank
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,151
Message 392 of 404

Again after upgrading My Z510 laptop to Windows 10 and resetting it completely and installing new drivers still Its causing the CPU throttling at 0.78ghz.
BIOS v40 had resolved this issue for Windows 8.1 on my laptop but Again after upgrading to windows 10 this issue has risen again.
Please fix the CPU throttling in Windows 10. Throttling making the user experience sluggish and slow.

alim1369
What's DOS?
Views: 5,065
Message 393 of 404

I update the bios to v40 but it won't work.

When i restart my PC the cpu is about 3.06 but after one minute it stuck on 0.77 Ghz.

I buy this laptop because of its core i7 cpu but it works like a very normal cpu.

it may have another reason.
My battery has been dead after 6 month. currently my battery level is always 0.

Please Help me by updating the bios.

silvy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,932
Message 394 of 404

@alim1369 wrote:

I update the bios to v40 but it won't work.

When i restart my PC the cpu is about 3.06 but after one minute it stuck on 0.77 Ghz.

I buy this laptop because of its core i7 cpu but it works like a very normal cpu.

it may have another reason.
My battery has been dead after 6 month. currently my battery level is always 0.

Please Help me by updating the bios.

Same problem :/ Really need a fix  , first all the wifi issues and now this

Vincent_Rey
Paper Tape
Views: 4,773
Message 395 of 404

Hello, my name is Vincent 

I may have a solution here.

I bought my Lenovo Z510 way back Sept 2014, it only had 4 GB RAM and i upgraded it to 8 GB. 

My current bios is  8DCN40WW (V40)

After about a year, my battery died always at 0%.

Last Nov. 22, i had a weird issue here, The CPU which i set on the Energy manager to High Performance supposed to be clocked at 3.2GHz. Clocked just 0.77GHz after 25 minutes of usage. 

What's weird is that the CPU will downclock at exactly 25 to 30 minutes. When you are gaming, stressing the CPU, etc... it will just downclock and stay there.

I tried to shutdown and again it's still 0.7GHz but after restart, the CPU returns to 3GHz after 25 minutes or so, come back down again. 

What i tried:

Opening the Laptop (cleaning and changing the thermal paste)  - didn't work, but a bit cooler now

System restore to Nov. 20 - still didn't work

Uninstall Energy Manager - worked for a while but same results.

Wht worked is... I disconnected and removed the battery entirely. Anyway, the battery was dead. At cold starts, Shutdowns, Restarts, the CPU stays at 3GHz and doesn't go down. It appears, there seems to be a problem with the batter and the CPU, which the CPU switches to the lowest mode thinking it is on battery, when in reality, the battery is dead.

Hope this helps,

chavanshashank
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,756
Message 396 of 404

Yeah... my battery is also dead just after one year.. Lenovo service support is pathetic as they are not even acknowledging the issues with battery.. as I read somewhere on the forum.. when you have battery dead (0% and always with AC adapter power supply.) cpu clocks at 0.77ghz to save power consumption even on adapter power supply

Battery issue thread go here :
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z510-Battery-Issues/td-p/2040767.
Vincent_Rey
Paper Tape
Views: 4,749
Message 397 of 404

when my battery was going crazy, my CPU as well acted weird. The CPU even on high performance gives 3.2GHz, then at certain times goes to 2.4GHz and stays there. But most of the time, it gets stuck at 0.7GHz. I dunno what is Lenovo's issue here, but it certainly needs to be  fixed. So far, my solution of removing the battery completely worked out fine, even at cold starts, the CPU clock will obey to whatever performance level i give it. 

retrace
What's DOS?
Views: 4,529
Message 398 of 404

Had the same issue here. Somehow removing dead battery worked, cpu stopped stucking at 0.78. 

Thanks, Vincent.

zamalekfan
Paper Tape
Views: 4,353
Message 399 of 404

hello guys
first of all i want to say that i had this issue before and i have the solution for it
and its solution is to remove the battery and then restart the computer.however if u wanna know everything that  faced me u can read below.

one day i faced a great shuttering during gaming in pes or fifa or any demanding game.that shuttering or drop in fps usually ends with a pc restart then shuttering  returns back again after 10 mins< all of that happened after my battery died>.

i thoughtmay be im having a dieing video card<i bought that laptop 1and half years ago> but it didnt seem right

by using gpu-z ive found the all curves are not stable like: gpu core clock...gpu load and temp is high about 72 during gaming and before shuttering 

i`ve tried the following:
undust the laptop
installing all new drivers from nvidia and intel
installing new bios
installing new windows (10&8.1&8&7)
i`ve bought a cooling pad

i thought it is useful to say that this shuttering is related to constant 0.75 cpu utilization and constant processor multiplier which is 8 bec it took me lots of time to understand that

thanks

MTF16
What's DOS?
Views: 4,210
Message 400 of 404

This question seems to have been solved. I'm just recording my experience here for reference.

I have a 2nd Gen X1 Carbon with i5 4300U CPU, satuck at 0.77GHz when plugged in and went normal when on battery. I'm runing Win10 with the latest (08/2015) BIOS.

The solution for my case was to reset the bios to defult setting. I didn't set it, my screen was bad and I sent back to official lenovo support for a screen replacement. They seemed to have messed up my bios... 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors