Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shankha
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,308
Message 381 of 404

Re: Lenovo Z510 CPU stuck at 0.77GHz

i've Lenovo Ideapad Z510 (59-405848) which comes with i5 4200M.Sometimes the CPU gets stuck at 0.77GHz so i wanted to update the BIOS. I saw the latest BIOS avaiable is 8DCN40WW (V40).Before updating i've gone though this diccusion,but after reading this 38 page discussion i'm utterly confused now.I saw some negetive remarks about this bios update.So before doing any mess with my laptop i just want to be sure about these things-

Q1.Does this BIOS (v40) solve the CPU struck problem completely?

Q2.Do i need to do a factory reset after BIOS update?( i'm worried because i have changed the partiion stucture,so i'm confused whether one key recovery will work or not)

Q3.Does this BIOS update create other problem?

Q4.Is the new Bios compatible with win 8.1 ?( Because i saw only windows 7 and windows 8 version avaiable) 

any help will be highly appreciated.. Smiley Happy

majk2085
Serial Port
Views: 4,283
Message 382 of 404

Maybe you have Energy Saver profile active? Click battery icon on the taskbar and select other profile
Pumkinfacer22
Token Ring
Views: 4,230
Message 383 of 404

sorry i didn't read through the whole postings but off hand i think

check power savings advanced settings in windows.. look for cpu state %

use intel extreme tuning utility and see what that says for you clock.. and see if you can change clock from there..

only downclock don't overclock.. you just seeing if you can change your core clock settings..

be very careful with intel extreme tuning utility.. do not touch other settings and be very careful!

joshdax2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,137
Message 384 of 404

@Amy_Lenovo wrote:

Just a note - BIOS v40 was officially released on 11/25 and can be found here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad-z510-...

Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion and troubleshooting of the reports of the CPU becoming stuck at 0.77GHz. I appreciated your input and assistance.

Thank you,

What does this update do apparently? As it is not stated clearly.

joshdax2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,136
Message 385 of 404

@Shankha wrote:

i've Lenovo Ideapad Z510 (59-405848) which comes with i5 4200M.Sometimes the CPU gets stuck at 0.77GHz so i wanted to update the BIOS. I saw the latest BIOS avaiable is 8DCN40WW (V40).Before updating i've gone though this diccusion,but after reading this 38 page discussion i'm utterly confused now.I saw some negetive remarks about this bios update.So before doing any mess with my laptop i just want to be sure about these things-

Q1.Does this BIOS (v40) solve the CPU struck problem completely?

Q2.Do i need to do a factory reset after BIOS update?( i'm worried because i have changed the partiion stucture,so i'm confused whether one key recovery will work or not)

Q3.Does this BIOS update create other problem?

Q4.Is the new Bios compatible with win 8.1 ?( Because i saw only windows 7 and windows 8 version avaiable) 

any help will be highly appreciated.. Smiley Happy

Someone please answer the above questions as we are all wondering the same thing.

styrke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,099
Message 386 of 404

Hi. I will try to answer your question :

1- It solves the 0.77ghz limit but still turbo boost isn't used on powersaving mode.
2- Can't answer but as far as I know the update has nothing to do with key recovery.
3- Somebody on this topic said that he had a password for bios that contained special characters. Updated to v39 and coming from v26 his computer was of no use as he couldn't enter any special character.
4- If you mean the exe file then yes I installed it from Windows 8.
If you talking about the bios Its compatible with any operating system (Unix Windows ...etc)

lknaidu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,987
Message 387 of 404

friends, I have started a new thread for intel turbo boost issue in battery mode @ https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Z510-Buggy-bios-disables-turbo-boost-in-ba...

Please make your presence felt and keep thread alive...  

mohsensiz
What's DOS?
Views: 3,818
Message 388 of 404

I think it has been

SOLVED

Follow these steps

Click on battery icon in system tray(usually right bottom corner) ==>

Click on more power options ==>

Click on show additional plans==>

Click on high performance's ,,change plan settings,,

Click on change advanced power setting 

And finally click on restore plan defaults,  yes

No require for bios updating

That is it.

No require for bios updating

chavanshashank
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,439
Message 389 of 404

iknaidu has started a new thread for CPU FREQUENCY THROTTLING on battery power supply which is the issue of Intel turbo boost which works only when Charging the laptop or AC power supply, PLEASE give your presence on following thread

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z510-Buggy-bios-disables-turbo-boost-in-battery...

Allality
Paper Tape
Views: 3,265
Message 390 of 404

I have a problem with 0.77 Ghz CPU limit on my Z510 (4200M version). I have dead battery (I get error message "battery is not installed") and Windows 7 64 installed.

I've just updated BIOS version from v37 to v40, but I still have 0.77 CPU limit. Also, if I load Windows 7 in Safe Mode, my CPU works only in 2.5 GHz mode (without TurboBoost, but still much better than 0.77 GHz).

So, BIOS update didn't help. Installing and removing of Lenovo Energy Management driver also didn't help.

I wonder how can I fix this?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors