Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pumkinfacer22
Token Ring
Views: 1,013
Message 101 of 123

Re: Lenovo y510p GT 755M SLI Problem

Hey guys count me in on this too cause i got a 755m that has been way too hot.. my computer was hitting 90C or around there all the time.. i'm playing light games!

I have used INTEL XTU to undervolt but i haven't actually underclocked yet beleive it or not.. but i also haven't had freezes.. i've just watched the heat go massively high very near the shutdown point..

I mean are alienware gaming laptops having heating issues??? i should read up on that and see if you just can't game with laptops or what..

darkender88
Paper Tape
Views: 972
Message 102 of 123

Hey guys, i had a question about RMA. My warranty is only for a few more weeks and I've tried about everything. Does RMA allow a full refund and you just send it in? Or are they going to send it back and tell me that my machine is fine and ill be out of warranty by then. I'm trying to decide if i should even bother with Lenovo support.

Pumkinfacer22
Token Ring
Views: 959
Message 103 of 123

well atleast ask them about the problem.. and see if they tell you to send it in..

if they tell you to send it in.. i dont' think you should send it in.. it could take a month or so before you probably even get a laptop back.. i think you are in the same boat i am.. we are screwed becuase we bought laptops from lenovo which for some reason doesn't work well with heat and etc.. 

my next laptop will be a rog laptop.. lookup republic of gamers.. 

anyway untill my lenovo dies i'm going to use this one.. i literally have broken my fan and need to buy a new fan/heatsink.. but it's my own doing.. i tried to pull a wire out that makes the fan run at full speed 24-7.. well, i acheived that alright.. but now i can't stop my fan! haha.. 

misiekovsky
Serial Port
Views: 950
Message 104 of 123

@darkender88 wrote:

Hey guys, i had a question about RMA. My warranty is only for a few more weeks and I've tried about everything. Does RMA allow a full refund and you just send it in? Or are they going to send it back and tell me that my machine is fine and ill be out of warranty by then. I'm trying to decide if i should even bother with Lenovo support.

I had to send them my laptop three times before I convinced them that it is unrepairable. I think it's customer right to demand a full refund/new device after third unsuccessful repair. But well... in my case it take about 3-4 weeks till I get my laptop back from RMA. And yup - Lenovo support is horrible, few pages earlier some people wrote about it (including me).

arizonawayfarer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 788
Message 105 of 123

I suspect the issue has something to do with SLI support in the games and our particular hardware configuration.  Warthunder, which was crashing all the time is stable for me now.

Now Elite Dangerous is crashing the display driver all the time.

Shocked nobody from Lenovo has anything to say about this.  

misiekovsky
Serial Port
Views: 780
Message 106 of 123

@arizonawayfarer wrote:

I suspect the issue has something to do with SLI support in the games and our particular hardware configuration.  Warthunder, which was crashing all the time is stable for me now.

Now Elite Dangerous is crashing the display driver all the time.

Shocked nobody from Lenovo has anything to say about this.  

SLI is the main problem, there's no doubt. 

Former Employee
Views: 666
Message 107 of 123

I am investigating these reports. I would like to ask for your assistance in collecting more information to help narrow down the cause. If your Y510P is experiencing this issue, I would appreciate your feedback on the following questions:

• The model number
  • When it started occurring - out of the box or what amount of time after first use
  • If you have replaced the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU and what the outcome was

Also, if several people could PM me, I would like to collect minidump logs captured after a crash.

Thank you,

Guru
Views: 660
Message 108 of 123

@darkender88

Here is the deal, RMA does not allow a refund. You can only get a refund on devices bought from Lenovo with 1 month of purchase.

If you are having severe problems which have not been solved by basic troubleshooting, I would say that call Lenovo and extend your warranty, it only costs about $50 I guess. Send in your laptop for repairs and you should get it back in 2-3 weeks.

When I sent my laptop in for repairs they sent it to me withitn 2 weeks and they did not repair anything, just said its fine. I had to send it again with MORE accurate details (Blue screen, GPU problem etc), and then they replaced the motherboard. I bought one more year of warranty but never used it, since the laptop was fine. My experience was in the USA. In the US, lenovo has pretty good service.

I hope this helps.

Now, I have another Lenovo laptop and an Ultrabook Smiley Happy , working fine till now

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
misiekovsky
Serial Port
Views: 653
Message 109 of 123

This case is closed for me. I had my y510p exchanged for y50. Working fine till now.

Guru
Views: 651
Message 110 of 123

@misiekovsky

You should go to top of this page, Topic Options and Unsubscribe (if you dont wanna receive more emails).

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors