Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misiekovsky
Serial Port
Views: 2,511
Message 111 of 123

Re: Lenovo y510p GT 755M SLI Problem

That's not why I posted that info. I want to know how and if this problem can be solved, but I wanted also to inform everyone interested that I had my laptop replaced by the shop (where I bought y510p) in agreement with Lenovo for newer model (y50) for free.
chincheeken
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,490
Message 112 of 123

How did u get that done? replacing the your laptops

bknhrst
Paper Tape
Views: 2,464
Message 113 of 123

Hello,

I am having the same issues. I have a great cooling pad with 3 big fans under the laptop and it is in an elevated angle. I have the latest graphics card drivers (nvidia 347.25) installed I tried underclocking with Afterburner (-200 memory clock, -100 core clock) - which helped for a short time and then brought the same errors back. I completely reinstalled the drivers with a purge before that. No chance. Also tried nvidia inspector with the bits for WT, but to no avail. DX is also the most recent (11) for my OS. WT is running at 60 fps but crashes at random points. Nothing distinguished. It then brings me to the desktop saying the driver crashed and had to be restored. Sometimes it happens after 20 minutes, other times it's 5. I am losing my mind here. If I disable the UltraBay-GeForce, everything works fine but with 20-30 fps.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 which is up to date vis a vis updates.

Any other suggestions?

misiekovsky
Serial Port
Views: 2,438
Message 114 of 123

@bknhrst wrote:

Hello,

I am having the same issues. I have a great cooling pad with 3 big fans under the laptop and it is in an elevated angle. I have the latest graphics card drivers (nvidia 347.25) installed I tried underclocking with Afterburner (-200 memory clock, -100 core clock) - which helped for a short time and then brought the same errors back. I completely reinstalled the drivers with a purge before that. No chance. Also tried nvidia inspector with the bits for WT, but to no avail. DX is also the most recent (11) for my OS. WT is running at 60 fps but crashes at random points. Nothing distinguished. It then brings me to the desktop saying the driver crashed and had to be restored. Sometimes it happens after 20 minutes, other times it's 5. I am losing my mind here. If I disable the UltraBay-GeForce, everything works fine but with 20-30 fps.

Any other suggestions?

I think you've done everything you could. Have you tried sending it to the Lenovo service?

misiekovsky
Serial Port
Views: 2,437
Message 115 of 123

@chincheeken wrote:
How did u get that done? replacing the your laptops

After third unsuccesful repair I demanded replacement from Lenovo, as it is my right. Then I made some calls, wrote many emails and finally got the y50.

onlooker
Paper Tape
Views: 2,370
Message 116 of 123

@bknhrst wrote:

Hello,

Any other suggestions?

You still can try the undervolt "settings" from page 3 of this Topic. It works for me, in WT in particular. Execute "Undervort and underclock.bat" file for your graphic cards (750 or 755) before launching the game.

bknhrst
Paper Tape
Views: 2,264
Message 117 of 123

Guys... the card is overclocked out of the box. I tried the underclocking described here, but didn't try other settings. Turns out the core clock is 135mHz and memory clock 502mHz overclocked by default. I played about 2 hours of War Thunder and the driver didn't crash. Performance was of course a bit less, but that's something I think everyone can live with and improve by setting a few graphics settings down a notch

rconsyder
What's DOS?
Views: 1,643
Message 118 of 123

Hello guys,

This website explain the SLI problem and solution. Underclock and Undervolt is fixing SLI problems. You can find How to.

Link:

http://www.mikromot.com/genel/nvidia-gt-755m-sli-and-gt-750m-sli-problem-fix/

Piotreksss
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,635
Message 119 of 123

These files are the same as posted before. In fact they dont underclock, but overclock both GPUs clock by 135mhz and dont change any voltage. In every game my y510p crashes after couple of minutes of gameplay and it's the most annoying issue ever. Every driver up to date, BIOS up to date. Cannot be the case of bad temps as my gt755m GPUs dont ever reach 90C. Best thing is in the beggining everything ran just fine, until couple of months later (or maybe it started when I updated to Win10). I tried returning to Win8.1 but the issue still remained. 

rconsyder
What's DOS?
Views: 1,631
Message 120 of 123

It's really annoying, i know. I tried before this solution; i try to change my OS. Win7, Win8, Win 8.1, Win 10. Nothing change. Now i'm using 8.1 without any problem.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors