Screenshot from "Event Viewer".

Spoiler

4.PNG

faceless9
Punch Card
Views: 1,401
Message 21 of 123

Re: Lenovo y510p GT 755M SLI Problem

Yeah, I've been done this path. It's mostly likely a hardware issue. You say it only occurs when you activate SLI, so it's probably your GPU in the Ultrabay.

That error message your getting in event viewer is the exact same one I got, it really doesn't explain anything. You can try to to delay TDR or go through process of elimnation. Sucks I know, but that's just how things look like atm.

misiekovsky
Serial Port
Views: 1,392
Message 22 of 123

My laptop visited warranty service 3 times already, so it's hard to believe that's hardware problem...
faceless9
Punch Card
Views: 1,373
Message 23 of 123

Not to derail friend but...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Ideapad-Y400-won-t-power-on/m-p/1754123#M13...

Preaching to the choir. I'm in the same scenario as you with regards to hardware issues. I requested for a replacement unit as mine has been to the depot too freqeuntly. I was then denied after waiting after playing phone tag and waiting by the phone (while trying to get work done). What bothered me was how easily it was dismissed. Lenovo thinks it's okay to keep shipping your laptop to them over and over. Wasted my day for nothing. It honestly became personal with me. Money doesn't bother me. I would pay $2500 for a product if I felt it was worth it. Lack of service sets me on fire. I never take my frustration out on the help desk though, they are just trying to do their job.

I've insisted on a replacement laptop. If they don't want to put me through that process then I will simply keep on escalating. Worst case scenario is I will pay the shipping myself and send my laptop to them to keep. This is exactly why the overpriced Apple products get better rating with regards to customer support. This was my first product of what I thought would be MANY Lenovo purchases. So shortsighted.

The amount of units sold is completely superficial. If they want to keep saving a penny it'll hurt them in the long run. They are trying to build their brand but their website is a mess. For example, I looked up authorized third party technicians via the contact page, selected my country and the page lead to nowhere. Several pages have broken links as well outright inaccurate information. Their first level help desk are extremely polite but often uninformed about previous tickets and lack the skill to thoroughly troubleshoot issues. This makes calls way longer, especially if you're calling about previous issues. What's the point of a case number? Read the ticket.

I work as a programmer in the gaming industry, and have and I've constantly promoted Lenovo since my first purchase to family to friends and so on. However, I will surely not do that anymore. I'm just trying to help people on the forum instead.

On Topic:

If you have onsight repair, utilize your warrant priviledges or send it to the repair depot. Someone needs to look at your laptop. As I mentioned, I highly suspect it's your GPU in the ultrabay. There isn't much you can do about hardware issues besides hand your computer off to someone or trial and error / purchase parts yourself.

misiekovsky
Serial Port
Views: 1,365
Message 24 of 123

Your story seems to be familiar with mine, really. It is sad, but true. I'm not satisfied with Lenovo support at all. I called them 3 times and nobody even had a clue what would be the problem, they only instructed me how to sent it to the warranty service. My laptop was longer there and in travel than on my desk. Moreover, the warranty service is in different country - in Germany. Why not in Poland? Lenovo didn't expect their laptops to spoil in my country? Because of that I loose my laptop for ~3 weeks. It wouldn't be a big problem if I've received it working for the first time. Firstly, they changed my working HDD and mobo - ok, fine, I've been told to backup my data. After reinstalling OS the problem still persisted. I called them once again, and sent once again my laptop. I received it with not working left audio channel (they replaced mobo [again], keyboard [why?], and updated BIOS) and a while later I've sent it... again (parts replaced: "Cinch Audio", keyboard [really?!]). And now I'm sitting in front of the worst purchase in my life. I will tell everybody who considers buying a Lenovo product my story. I want everybody know that they will feel alone if any problem will occur with Lenovo product, just exactly how I feel now.

Envys
Punch Card
Views: 1,317
Message 25 of 123

did you try to change WDF service from manualy to auto???

misiekovsky
Serial Port
Views: 1,299
Message 26 of 123

Yup, that didn't solve my problem.

frustratedjonny
Punch Card
Views: 1,281
Message 27 of 123

Hey, let me jump on the train and say how bad customer service is in Europe! My experience has been pretty much the same as misiekovsky's three posts above.

More importantly:

@Envys

@Envys wrote:

did you try to change WDF service from manual to auto???

You mean the "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework" service, right? I'm going to try that and see what happens. Edit: By the way, what does it do?

@Envys wrote:

I tried lenovo power manager 1.xx (it is not official supported for y510p but works) and all is ok, no crashes, but sometimes max. temperatures in the MSI afterburner or HWMONITOR, etc. just for miliseconds shows 144-151C instead of crashes(nonsense values,because you can play all day and system is stable). If i use original power lenovo manager for W8.1 crashes and shows in MSI afterburner nonsense values as 421346464843 after crash. I guess it is some isuess with power states in this f*** driver.

So you are sure this fixed the problem? Could you tell us the exact version number and where can we download this power manager 1.xx ?

Also, the last post in this thread seems like a possible solution, but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe someone who speaks Polish can track down the thread mentioned by that user and post here if it has any useful info?

misiekovsky
Serial Port
Views: 1,263
Message 28 of 123

Now I'm testing the undervolt "settings" from here. It seems that problem has gone, but I need some time to make sure.

Envys
Punch Card
Views: 1,233
Message 29 of 123

Yes, i said, no crashes, but you uninstall old version, use ccleaner and install this:

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/emw810028.exe

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals