Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluefish
Paper Tape
Views: 10,309
Message 24 of 43

Re: problem with lenovo z510 webcam

EDIT NOTE : This post was moved to the top of the page in order to assist us with an escalation. For all future post and comments please continue posting in this thread.

I bought my z510 about 10 days ago in Istanbul. I have the same problem (blurry, unclear, dark) with the webcam since day one. I did try every possible combination of installing drivers and changing settings but I had no luck. Then I upgraded Windows 8 to 8.1 and installed Win 8.1 webcam drivers accordingly but I had no lack there either. Then I called to the local Lenovo support center, they connected my z510 remotely and spent at least 40 minutes doing all possible combination of setups and driver installation. No permanent solution yet. Next day, I called the Lenovo support center for the second time and a gentelman on phone admitted that z510 possibly comes with a buggy webcam. Finally, I talked to electronics shop (seller) for returning it and they are willing to give me a refund. Yes I gave up. Shame on you Lenovo. 

EDIT NOTE : This post was moved to the top of the page in order to assist us with an escalation. For all future post and comments please continue posting in this thread.

qwedsa111
Punch Card
Views: 10,537
Message 1 of 43

problem with lenovo z510 webcam

hi,i have a problem with my webcam

it is not clear at all and when I want to install camera driver there is error that:no appropriate driver to be installed

I download the latest camera driver for z510 in Lenovo website but there is the same error when I want to install driver.

help me plz

Spoiler

tcabin01
Punch Card
Views: 10,514
Message 2 of 43

I have the same problem. WHen I bought the laptp it said 720HD cam, but the cam is too grainy
Former Employee
Views: 10,509
Message 3 of 43

Hi all,

thanks for posting and welcome to the community, Could you try uninstalling the Camera drivers first and then reinstalling the downloaded the drivers from our support site again/

Do let me know how it goes.

Regards

Former Employee
Views: 10,508
Message 4 of 43

Hi all,

thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Not sure if this would help butcould you take a look at the link below, It might assist you in a way.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_MY/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT078004

On another note, may I know which version of the windows are you running?

Hope to hear back.

regards
tcabin01
Punch Card
Views: 10,498
Message 5 of 43

Running Windows 8.1. I already reformatted my PC twice, and updated the drivers and all the suggested trouble shooting methods. 

The webcam is super low quality and grainy... It is not 720p HD cam as the product says 

Former Employee
Views: 10,484
Message 6 of 43

Hi tcabin01,

thanks for updating. I'll need to check up on this. I'll post back as soon as I can get an update.

Regards
qwedsa111
Punch Card
Views: 10,475
Message 7 of 43

running win8.

I installed win 7 and downloaded its driver too but  there is the same problem and error.

Former Employee
Views: 10,454
Message 8 of 43

Hi qwedsa111,
thanks for posting back. I don't have Z510 to confirm your settings but I was wondering though if you go into the Device manager do you see any device with a missing driver? Another thing is if you go into your BIOS, is there any option to enable camera?

@ tcabin01

Not particualarly sure why this is happening though, but I was wondering do you happen to have "YouCAM" Software installed in your machine. If you use other Video software, is is still grainy?
hamed_nj
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,429
Message 9 of 43

hi guys
I've bought lenovo z510 i5 just a week ago and experiencing the same problem with the camera

the picture is too dark and it can not be fixed with brightness settings or others

I've uninstalled and installed driever over and over again and nothing changed, also when i tried to run the setup of AVR (or something like that, i dont remember it now!) an error appears (no appropriate software...)

I've also tried the suggested ways in here

I believe this is a hardware problem and manufacture is responsible for that

if anyone have a better idea let me know please

best regards..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors