Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JakeStiebs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,154
Message 1 of 12

Realtek Audio Update

I have just performed some Windows updates on my Lenovo IdeaPad Z580. I am running Windows 8.1. The list of updates consisted of some spyware definitions and the Realtek Audio update. I updated and installed the updates and restarted my computer right away per usual. I got an error message after restarting that said "Please install the correct audio driver before using OneKey Theater. In addition to this, music will play throught the PC speakers but all of a sudden the Dolby Digital Home Theater v4 does not work. The application turns on and I can adjust the equalizer settings but it does not show any activity when music is playing. When I adjust the settings there is no change in the music. I luckilky had a very recent system image backup so I reverted to that and all is well, but after running the same updates the same issues came up.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,123
Message 2 of 12

Re: Realtek Audio Update

Try locating the audio device in device manager. Right click it and select properties/driver/rollback driver. Then go to control panel and run Windows update. Uncheck the driver thats causing the problem. Right click it and select hide so that it will not be automatically installed. Reboot.

deleema1
Serial Port
Views: 3,084
Message 3 of 12

I have a lenvo y580 after windows update i am getting this message when ever i try to start dolby appplication!! 

if anyone know the solution let us know 

thanks in advanced 

Dolby Load Error.png

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,078
Message 4 of 12

@deleema1 wrote:

I have a lenvo y580 after windows update i am getting this message when ever i try to start dolby appplication!! 

if anyone know the solution let us know 

thanks in advanced 

Try to restore the date before the update. Then update again but this time update one by one so that you will know which driver is causing you the problem.

Highlighted
JakeStiebs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,049
Message 5 of 12

Open up device manager and try to locate the Dolby driver and roll it back if you can. Otherwise restore back to your last restore point and manually select your updates but do not select the Dolby driver update and hide that update so your computer won't show it as an option again.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,028
Message 6 of 12

@JakeStiebs wrote:
Open up device manager and try to locate the Dolby driver and roll it back if you can. Otherwise restore back to your last restore point and manually select your updates but do not select the Dolby driver update and hide that update so your computer won't show it as an option again.

Yep, that's what I have suggested to you. So what's the result?

JakeStiebs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,020
Message 7 of 12

You get the functionality of Dolby back, and as far as I can tell OneKey Theater is working fine. I am guessing the update is just not compatible with these products yet.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,015
Message 8 of 12

@JakeStiebs wrote:
You get the functionality of Dolby back, and as far as I can tell OneKey Theater is working fine. I am guessing the update is just not compatible with these products yet.

So did you hide the update so that it will not be automatically executed?

JakeStiebs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,001
Message 9 of 12

Yes I went to the windows updater from the control panel like you said and chose to have it hidden. Now every time I check for updates it does not appear as an update or an optional update so it cannot be updated automatically or manually unless via the device manager. If Realtek comes out with a different version of the driver will it still be pushed to my computer even though I have the previous one hidden?
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,986
Message 10 of 12

@JakeStiebs wrote:
Yes I went to the windows updater from the control panel like you said and chose to have it hidden. Now every time I check for updates it does not appear as an update or an optional update so it cannot be updated automatically or manually unless via the device manager. If Realtek comes out with a different version of the driver will it still be pushed to my computer even though I have the previous one hidden?

If Realtek comes out with a different version of the driver it will not be uploaded to your unit unless it will be adopted by Microsoft. Assuming that Microsoft will adopt it then it will be labelled as another update number thus it will be uploaded to your unit if you set the update to be automatic. However, based on observation seldom Realtek drivers are updated by the Manuafacturer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors