English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

04-01-2015

US

42 Signins

247 Page Views

  • Posts: 19
  • Registered: ‎04-01-2015
  • Location: US
  • Views: 247
  • Message 1 of 12

Realtek Audio Update

2015-04-01, 19:25 PM

I have just performed some Windows updates on my Lenovo IdeaPad Z580. I am running Windows 8.1. The list of updates consisted of some spyware definitions and the Realtek Audio update. I updated and installed the updates and restarted my computer right away per usual. I got an error message after restarting that said "Please install the correct audio driver before using OneKey Theater. In addition to this, music will play throught the PC speakers but all of a sudden the Dolby Digital Home Theater v4 does not work. The application turns on and I can adjust the equalizer settings but it does not show any activity when music is playing. When I adjust the settings there is no change in the music. I luckilky had a very recent system image backup so I reverted to that and all is well, but after running the same updates the same issues came up.

 

Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Solved! See the solution
Reply
Options

5385 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

  • Posts: 5385
  • Registered: ‎05-09-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 19373
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Realtek Audio Update

2015-04-01, 22:33 PM

Try locating the audio device in device manager. Right click it and select properties/driver/rollback driver. Then go to control panel and run Windows update. Uncheck the driver thats causing the problem. Right click it and select hide so that it will not be automatically installed. Reboot.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Reply
Options

22 Posts

12-21-2012

Sri Lanka

59 Signins

478 Page Views

  • Posts: 22
  • Registered: ‎12-21-2012
  • Location: Sri Lanka
  • Views: 478
  • Message 3 of 12

Re: Realtek Audio Update

2015-04-04, 2:15 AM

I have a lenvo y580 after windows update i am getting this message when ever i try to start dolby appplication!! 

if anyone know the solution let us know 

 

thanks in advanced 

Dolby Load Error.png

Reply
Options

5385 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

  • Posts: 5385
  • Registered: ‎05-09-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 19373
  • Message 4 of 12

Re: Realtek Audio Update

2015-04-04, 3:28 AM

wrote:

I have a lenvo y580 after windows update i am getting this message when ever i try to start dolby appplication!! 

if anyone know the solution let us know 

 

thanks in advanced 

 


Try to restore the date before the update. Then update again but this time update one by one so that you will know which driver is causing you the problem.

Reply
Options

19 Posts

04-01-2015

US

42 Signins

247 Page Views

  • Posts: 19
  • Registered: ‎04-01-2015
  • Location: US
  • Views: 247
  • Message 5 of 12

Re: Realtek Audio Update

2015-04-05, 1:47 AM
Open up device manager and try to locate the Dolby driver and roll it back if you can. Otherwise restore back to your last restore point and manually select your updates but do not select the Dolby driver update and hide that update so your computer won't show it as an option again.
Reply
Options

5385 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

  • Posts: 5385
  • Registered: ‎05-09-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 19373
  • Message 6 of 12

Re: Realtek Audio Update

2015-04-05, 11:48 AM

wrote:
Open up device manager and try to locate the Dolby driver and roll it back if you can. Otherwise restore back to your last restore point and manually select your updates but do not select the Dolby driver update and hide that update so your computer won't show it as an option again.

Yep, that's what I have suggested to you. So what's the result?

Reply
Options

19 Posts

04-01-2015

US

42 Signins

247 Page Views

  • Posts: 19
  • Registered: ‎04-01-2015
  • Location: US
  • Views: 247
  • Message 7 of 12

Re: Realtek Audio Update

2015-04-05, 23:19 PM
You get the functionality of Dolby back, and as far as I can tell OneKey Theater is working fine. I am guessing the update is just not compatible with these products yet.
Reply
Options

5385 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

  • Posts: 5385
  • Registered: ‎05-09-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 19373
  • Message 8 of 12

Re: Realtek Audio Update

2015-04-05, 23:42 PM

wrote:
You get the functionality of Dolby back, and as far as I can tell OneKey Theater is working fine. I am guessing the update is just not compatible with these products yet.

So did you hide the update so that it will not be automatically executed?

Reply
Options

19 Posts

04-01-2015

US

42 Signins

247 Page Views

  • Posts: 19
  • Registered: ‎04-01-2015
  • Location: US
  • Views: 247
  • Message 9 of 12

Re: Realtek Audio Update

2015-04-06, 16:32 PM
Yes I went to the windows updater from the control panel like you said and chose to have it hidden. Now every time I check for updates it does not appear as an update or an optional update so it cannot be updated automatically or manually unless via the device manager. If Realtek comes out with a different version of the driver will it still be pushed to my computer even though I have the previous one hidden?
Reply
Options

5385 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

  • Posts: 5385
  • Registered: ‎05-09-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 19373
  • Message 10 of 12

Re: Realtek Audio Update

2015-04-06, 22:35 PM

wrote:
Yes I went to the windows updater from the control panel like you said and chose to have it hidden. Now every time I check for updates it does not appear as an update or an optional update so it cannot be updated automatically or manually unless via the device manager. If Realtek comes out with a different version of the driver will it still be pushed to my computer even though I have the previous one hidden?

If Realtek comes out with a different version of the driver it will not be uploaded to your unit unless it will be adopted by Microsoft. Assuming that Microsoft will adopt it then it will be labelled as another update number thus it will be uploaded to your unit if you set the update to be automatic. However, based on observation seldom Realtek drivers are updated by the Manuafacturer.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete