01-28-2015 11:56 AM
My new Y50-70 laptop, internet connection is REALLY slow and disconnects frequently. I've updated the driver but it is still the same.
what is wrong?
01-28-2015 01:15 PM
Welcome to the Forums.
Can you try the following:
On the router:
1. Disable WMM (WiFi Multimedia)
2. Configure the the Wireless Security to use WPA / WPA2-PSK (AES)
3. Set the WiFi channel width to Auto (20/40 Mhz)
On the Wireless Card (Device Manager > Network Adapters > Wirelless card properties)
4. Uncheck the Turn off this device to save power
5. Under the Advanced Tab, check if you have a WMM setting and set it to Disabled. For the other settings, check this thread.
On the PC side, ensure that the power settings is set to High Performance. Once done,navigate to www.speedtest.net to test the WiFi speed and perform a continuous ping on a command prompt and observe if it's stable or not.
Let me know how it goes.
01-29-2015 12:38 AM
Thanx for the answer, I tried to change wifi chanel in router setting, but there was no such setting.
also there was no WMM in adaptor advanced setting.
and encryption type was set to WPA2-Personal
using Speedtest.com with LAN cable I got 1 Mbps but using wifi it's 0.25 Mbps!!
01-29-2015 08:37 AM
In addition to the steps above, can you try the following:
1. Under the Realtek Wireless (properties) > Advanced Settings, set the Bandwidth = Auto or 20/40Mhz and Wireless Mode = Auto then perform the speedtest.
2. If same issue, navigate to Control Panel (icon views) > Programs and Features and uninstall the Realtek Wireless Driver (reboot if necessary) to clean uninstall the driver. When finished, try to install this driver::
If you get an error, run the stock WiFi driver installer and observe the speedtest.
08-04-2015 10:21 AM - edited 08-04-2015 10:25 AM
I have the same issue. Just brought Z40-70 and it has the RTL8723BE NIC, and let me tell you the speed is horrendous. I feel like Lenovo didn't even bother testing this system out before putting in producition line. If there is one word to put it, I would say garbage. I'm considering shipping this item back since download speed is only 5mb tops! However, I did realize that depending on your router or access point, your speed can get better. I hope they come out with a better driver soon! I'm currently using window 8.1, does anybody have better speed with window 10? Also, I have fios with 125mbs down.
09-03-2015 06:50 AM
Try this newer driver?
10-05-2015 03:56 PM
I hit the same problem with Flex 2 15.
Reinstalling driver to newest didn't help.
But helped hard setting speed to b/g instead of Auto/all.
Yes - it slowes down (to max 802.11g) but is better than 0.2MB.
05-04-2016 09:28 AM
I have the same problem and would like to ask, if the wlan adapter really has no oportunity to get onto the 5 Ghz 802.11 n standard. Just with b/g it is clear, that it is so slow. If not, than why does the name of this adapter is ...802.11n PCI...
I bought it in the internet, and their stood, that the n standart is suppoerted of the y50-70 device. Even now the latest driver (I use win 10 64bit) doesn't help?
Does sombody know the answer??