Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ifhope
Not applicable
Views: 118
Message 1 of 3

Recover Windows 8.1 Product Key for Z500 Laptop (ideapad) - Type 5931

I purchase following Lenovo Laptop from Italy. I change Laptop harddisk with SSD. I installed Windows 8.1 but could not activate it due no Windows 8.1 Product Key printed anywhere on Laptop.

Z500 Laptop (ideapad) - Type 5931

Serial Number: CB********
Machine Type Model: 593159372854

I found some posts where it says that Windows is embeded in Laptop BIOS. if it true or not. Kindly help me find Windows 8.1 Product Key or provide one.

Regards,

Edit notes: Removed SN for user's protection
spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 111
Message 2 of 3

Re: Recover Windows 8.1 Product Key for Z500 Laptop (ideapad) - Type 5931

Hi ifhope,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Your product key is embedded on your board so that it should automatically activate once you have it online as long as you installed the same version that came with your machine. Some would need to run Windows update first and some restarts.

Your systemboard with part number 90002745 (Mb Viwz1 Mb W8s 76 Gv 2G B) do have Windows 8 Standard edition. Try to run Windows update first and restart as needed.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

ifhope
Not applicable
Views: 72
Message 3 of 3

Re: Recover Windows 8.1 Product Key for Z500 Laptop (ideapad) - Type 5931

Thanks for reply.

Updated windows and Restarted multiple times. Is there any software available through which i could obtain Windows Key from BIOS / Embedded Motherboard.

Regards,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors