Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
germs95
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,899
Message 1 of 5

Recovery disk for Y410P?

So recently, my HDD for my Lenovo Y410p died and I sent it to the shop to replace a new HDD and reinstall the OS. It all went well until the part where they want to reinstall it because;

1) They do not have the Recovery Disk for my laptop,

2) I DO NOT have the recovery disk for my laptop too,

3) My original HDD is totally dead, and so the recovery image or whatsoever it is in it is all trash.

and not to forget, my warranty is over already x.x Bought it in May 2013 at Malaysia, I live in Brunei Darussalam, a 1 and a half flight from there to here.

My main question is, will Lenovo be able to send me one to me? Yes I do know I need to pay an amount of money for them to send me the disk.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,880
Message 2 of 5

Re: Recovery disk for Y410P?

hi germs95,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums and sorry to hear about your trouble.

AFAIK, the support cernter can only ship the recovery media on the country of purchase. To verify if they can ship the disc to your area, you will need to contact lenovo Malaysia (Toll Free#: 1-800-22-0116)

Alternatively, you may also want to try these steps if you have Windows 8.1 pre-installed on the machine:

1. Check this guide on how to obtain a Windows 8.1 ISO (see Option One)

2. When finished, follow this guide to make a bootable UEFI Win8.1 installer via DVD/USB flashdrive

3. After creating the insatller in Step 2, use it to install Windows and it should be able to detect the Windows 8.1 product key in the UEFI firmware and activate Windows.

If the system is preloaded with Windows 8.0, you may need to get a Windows 8 disc (either from a friend or via online). This disc should also be able to activate Windows and detect the Windows 8 product key in the UEFI firmware.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Hale12
What's DOS?
Views: 2,700
Message 3 of 5

Y410p How to Create Factory Disc with One Key Recovery 7.0

So, I erased my entire computer after I tried to install another operating system, and it completely failed. Any way, my lenovo y410p won't run games at the same speeds it used too. They are much slower now. When ever I look up how to reset it to the factory settings, it always says that there is a recovery disk, but all my partitions were erased too. Is there some kind of ISO I can download and put onto my flash drive? Please help?

Mod Comment: Moved post into proper forum. Edited subject to include model. Moved from KB: How to Create Factory Disc with One Key Recovery 7.0

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,655
Message 4 of 5

Re: Y410p How to Create Factory Disc with One Key Recovery 7.0

Hi Hale12, welcome to the forum. Smiley Happy

If you call the phone support, they will be able to send you a set of factory recovery disks. If you are out of warranty, there will be a charge, although I don't remember how much. ($50.00-$60.00 ???) You'll need your Y410p serial number, so they can match the software, to your hardware.

Here is the US phone support number for your product:

Country/Region:      United States                                                 
Product:                  IDEA-branded and B, C, E, G, H, K, N, Q, V, Y Series Products
Phone Number:      1-877-4-Lenovo, 1-877-453-6686
Hours of operation: 24 hours a day 7 days/week

Cheers

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT

Yoga 900 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (Skylake-Y)

X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A8) ThinkPad/YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F/IdeaCentre A520 All-In-One i5-3230M/Lenovo Y470 i7-2630QM/T420

Kunder
SCSI Port
Views: 953
Message 5 of 5

Re: Y410p How to Create Factory Disc with One Key Recovery 7.0

For anyone who happens upon this post:

The phone number to Lenovo's software team is:

855-271-3878

You can order recovery media from there.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors