Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soynog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 447
Message 1 of 2

Reimaging my y530 from backup DVDs

Hi there,

Soon after purchasing my Y530, I decided that Vista was not for me, and I decided to try Ubuntu out instead. After being foiled in my attempts to dual-boot by the partitioning that had arrived on the computer, I decided to wipe the hard drive and just run Ubuntu. As recommended by someone at Lenovo support, I first made a backup image of my hard drive, putting it on 3 dvds.

Ubuntu has been pretty good so far, but I'm a bit worried about compatibility issues (I'm just starting grad school) so I'd like to reinstall Vista and maybe try using wubi, or giving dual-boot another try.

However, when I pop in my first backup dvd and boot from disk, it brings up a one-key recovery page with nothing written in the "Target Partition" field. When I try to start backing up, it says there isn't enough room and it ends there. Do I have to re-format my hard drive before putting in the recovery disk? Do I have to do so in a specific way so the one-key recovery feature can work again?

Please help. Thanks!

--Nick

Retired Guru
Views: 408
Message 2 of 2

Re: Reimaging my y530 from backup DVDs

You have to create NTFS primary partition of size not smaller that it was at the momment of creation backuyp disks first.

Only then it will work.

//help will save the world

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors