Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sparcus87
Paper Tape
Views: 437
Message 1 of 6

Repaired Y560p HDMI Output Issue

I bought my Y560p back in May and it came with an issue regarding improper shutdown.  After sending it in, gettting a brand new HDD and MB from the depot, and getting it back I have a new issue that did not occur before the repair.

When I plug my HDMI cable to my Samsung HDTV into the port in the laptop the video pops up with no problem, but an issue arises with the audio.  I have seen a lot of posts here and elsewhere online that they get no audio at all, but my issue is different.  When I try to play a song through iTunes, or a video off of YouTube, I do get audio through my TV speakers; however, the media are compressed and play too quickly, thus making them sound choppy.  Songs on iTunes play about 1.5 times faster than they should; if I unplug the cable the songs play at regular speed.  For some reason the laptop seems to be outputting the media too quickly to the TV.  I've checked solutions to other audio issues but they don't seem to resolve the problem.

I look forward to any help with this problem.  Thank you.

Edit:  I forgot to mention that I have tested this with two different HDMI cables, both of which work fine with my Xbox/Blu-Ray, but give me the same issue with the laptop.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 422
Message 2 of 6

Re: Repaired Y560p HDMI Output Issue

have you checked samsung's website for firmware upgrade?
also try to re-install/update sound drivers.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
sparcus87
Paper Tape
Views: 413
Message 3 of 6

I updated the firmware on my tv, as well as trying it on both another Samsung and a Sony with the same exact results in each case.  I also downloaded and reinstalled the ATI HDMI Audio Drivers.  The problem still stands.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 398
Message 4 of 6

sparcus87
Paper Tape
Views: 374
Message 5 of 6

That is not the same issue I'm having.  I do get some audio through my television speakers, but it is rushed, as though the computer is outputting the signal to the television too quickly.  Again, music from iTunes or videos on YouTube play too quickly.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 360
Message 6 of 6

tried to re-install/update flash player and/or media players?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors