Did you mean: 
cfourkays
Punch Card
Views: 1,037
Message 1 of 3

Replace Z565 Hard Drive

Lenovo Ideapad Z565 with Windows 7.

"Disk read error" occured on boot.

When I boot using a UBCD4WIN, it will boot to the options.

Selecting "Launch...Ultimate Boot CD..." , it starts to load XP off the CD and then I get a BSOD with 0x7B, a problem has been......Check your hard drive, run chkdsk etc.

I can boot from my "Spotmau"  and see the drive but can't access it.

What I'm concerned with is the HDD passward that the owner somehow put in when she was messing with it.

I saw on the Lenovo web site there's no recovery for a hard drive password and I'd have to change the mobo.

I also have no Receovery Media so I'll have to order from Lenovo.

Main question is the password on the HDD. Lenovo says that you have to replace the mobo if you can't find the password.

Somehow the customer put in a HDD password when she was fooling around with this machine

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,033
Message 2 of 3

Re: Replace Z565 Hard Drive

The 7B error you are seeing is because your boot cd doesn't have the correct SATA driver, there are KB articles and multiüple posts on this, basically you need to set the SATA settings in BIOS to compatible or IDE mode or slipstream the correct driver.

As far as the hard drive password is concerned, you can delete this in the system's BIOS by entering the correct password and then setting the new password to blank by hitting the enter key twice.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

cfourkays
Punch Card
Views: 971
Message 3 of 3

Re: Replace Z565 Hard Drive

Since I can't get access anything without the HDD password, BIOS included, do I have to remove the hard drive?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors