cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bensaved
What's DOS?
Views: 1,157
Message 1 of 3

Replace z500 screen with z500 touch screen?

I have a z500 (non-touch) that recently had its screen broken. I plan to purchase the LCD part and replace it myself. I was wondering if I could purchase the part(s) for the z500 touch and give myself touchscreen capabilities as well.

Is such a solution possible?
If so, what  parts might I need to purchase to make such a solution work?

Thanks,

-Ben C.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,138
Message 2 of 3

Re: Replace z500 screen with z500 touch screen?

Hi
Welcome to the forum and Happy New year!!
This in all probabilities won't work.
Reason: Touch devices have an extra glass touch layer over the lcd and both the touch and the lcd are distinctively attached to the main circuit/systemboard of the device/laptop/mobile/tablets.
So, firstly, your mainboard should atleast have a port to attach a touch glass and secondly, the structure of the laptop should support it too.
So, in my opinioin, it is a suicidal move and you should try it.
Hope this Helps.
Regards

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
raisedadead
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 930
Message 3 of 3

Re: Replace z500 screen with z500 touch screen?

I also wanted to try out the same with my U310 (Non Touch). But as Ishaan suggest its not going to happen. Ya if you really want to use the touch capabilities of Windows 8 or similar then you can use APEN Touch8, its an external alternate than replacing your entire screen.
regards,
raisedadead.

Benevolently at your service. Using Lenovo Ideapad U310 Ultrabook !

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors