Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrior_hamed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 470
Message 1 of 6

Replacing R9 m375 Chip _ lenovoZ5170

Hello every one , i decided to send my Z51-70 laptop to a repair station , they said to me there is a glue around your AMD chip that they can not remove it and replace faulty chip width a new one .

my lenovo z51 70 amd r9 m375 chip was died this year , and i really can not change the whole mother board its too much expensive for me and i really need this laptop please if anyone knows how to replace the chip and or remove the glue arround tell me ...

here is my system specs :

R9 m375 4gb

core i5 cpu

8gb ram

my email : ***********@Gmail.com

please dont tell me search youtube etc , i've allready searched the youtube , if you want to say its on youtube show me the link of the video

if there is a chemical or way to do this just tell me

Mod's Edit: Email address removed from public view to protect member from email harvesters.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 442
Message 2 of 6

Re: Replacing R9 m375 Chip _ lenovoZ5170

Hi warrior_hamed,

We do not recommend to our customer to just replace the graphics card chip on the motherboard because when it was not done properly it may cause further damage on the laptop. Also, it may cause electrical short circuit that may cause fire. That is also the reason the technician are unable to replace just the chip.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

warrior_hamed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 434
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your advice , so how to do that properly ?

because i dont have anything to loose here i need to replace my gpu , who can replace it ? i sent my laptop to almost everywhere , and no one can repair it ? why ? 

please help me in this case and tell me how to change the gpu , im working with this laptop my job depends on this thing i trusted to lenovo and now the whole laptop could replaced because a chip , 

and thanks for your recomendation , its necessary for me to repair my laptop and if there is any more helpful thing please tell me 

im waiting forl help ....

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 430
Message 4 of 6

Hi warrior_hamed,

Thanks for getting back to us. Though we don't recommend to our customers to replace the graphic card chip on the motherboard, you may try to visit our service centers. Here are the list of our service centers just filter it by country or city and look for a center that caters laptop.

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

warrior_hamed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 425
Message 5 of 6

Do you believe me im living in hell , and my country wasn't in your list , im from iran and if i could buy a new laptop i will never buy a lenovo because no one can repair it and it lasts only for two months and the only software that i used was autodesk autocad , since you dont have any service provider in my country can some one please give a hand to me how to fix this thing i paid for ?

if there is not any way to repqair this , then i think that lenovo was a big mistake for me and anyone who wants to buy from lenovo  .....

warrior_hamed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 365
Message 6 of 6

Sorry for repetetive topic , but i need help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors