08-27-2012

CA

11 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 6

Restoring IdeaPad Y650 to factory settings and original Windows Vista

2012-08-27, 19:40 PM

When I bought my laptop I did not recieve any backup disks along with it. Before installing Windows 7, however, I made backup disks from the instructions under "Create Full Backup" as stated in the instruction booklet provided. I created those files from the original Windows Vista. I inserted the disk but it did not read the files.

I want to restore my IdeaPad Y650 to its original factory settings with Windows Vista. I got my laptop I upgraded to Windows 7 but now I want to go back to Windows Vista. How do I achieve that? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Options

3333 Posts

06-27-2012

India

5394 Signins

57727 Page Views

• Views: 57727
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Restoring IdeaPad Y650 to factory settings and original Windows Vista

2012-08-28, 6:31 AM
Hi
Does the onekey rescue work in your system anymore? if yes , then do a full system recovery to initial backup.If does not work (it wont work if you have resized your partition) then you would have to have your HDD to be restored by lenovo to default.
Regards
Ishaan

Say thanks by clicking the "Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Options

2 Posts

08-27-2012

CA

11 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 3 of 6

2012-08-29, 1:26 AM

Thanks for the reply.

But unfortunately the one key recovery does not work. What did you mean by lenovo would restore it? As in send it in?

Thanks so much.

Options

3333 Posts

06-27-2012

India

5394 Signins

57727 Page Views

• Views: 57727
  • Message 4 of 6

2012-08-29, 4:54 AM

Hi

See, what lenovo will do is that would formatt the whole hard disk and install new onekey recovery(they have all these software but they dont publish on the internet). Then they would install the windows through the recovery disks made by them and then on the first boot to the onekey recovery, a new initial backup would be created. I hope now you understand.

Also , i forgot to mention that there is thread that  could help you.it says

BODMAS wrote

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Regards 

please download the bootable ISO file of "Onekey Recovery 7.0 Engineering" from here : Onekey Recovery 7.0 Engineering

original.jpg

its a size of 785 MB so you need to burn this on a DVD. just boot from this DVD and Chose for an Option 2 in your case. further when prompted for language selection please select your preferred language. 5 is for US English.  It will create the LENOVO_PART partition of the factory default size of 14.26 GB (15000 MB) and will shut down. Now your OKR (NOVO) button of your laptop is fully functional. since this LENOVO_PART parition is newly created so at present this does not have any recovery OS. but as soon as you press your NOVO button first time after creation of this partition, it will start backing up of your present OS which is installed on C Drive and will be saved automatically in this OEM reserved partition. when finished your OKR or NOVO button has every option as it had when you bought from factory. please remember each time your boot from this DVD and chose for option 2 it will recreate a fresh lenovo-part partition formating the earlier one and on first press of novo button it will backup your installed OS and everything with that OS to this LENOVO_PART partition.

this DVD has three option. namely 1.  Install OKR 7.0 (Clean Partition), 2. Install OKR 7.0 (Not clean Partition), 3. Fix ASD.

all three option has different function. option 1 will delete your entire HDD and will recreate partiton C and D and one OEM reserved (LENOVO_PART) partition . C drive will be primary partition while D drive will be logical partiton.  it does not make 100 MB of system reserved parition. but you can customize you visible partition using Windows 7 DVD while installing it as under OKR option 1 your HDD has no OS installed. so delete the C and D drive using windows 7 DVD and Create partiton of C and D with one automatically creatred 100 MB system reserved partiton. now your both C and D drive are of primary parition. ( I prefer primary parition over logical one).  install your prefered version of windows7 and all your required software, antivirus and make it complete. but remember that your C drive should be filled with less then 30 GB preferebly.

Now once again boot from OKR DVD and this thime chosee for option 2 and let it complete and shut down. now press the NOVO button under shu down state. it will start to backup your entire C drive to this OEM reserved partiton. let it complete.

now you have fully functional novo button with the OS recovery of your choice. factory come has many unwanted blotware.

OKR option 3. (fix ASD) : when your HDD has this oem reserved parition of lenovo_part but still your novo (OKR) buuton is not working then boot from this OKR DVD and chose for option 3 and your novo button will start working.

hope this guide will save a lot of lenovo users who accidentely did wrong with this OEM reserved parition.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

This was written in this thread and i do not own it.

Regards

Ishaan

Say thanks by clicking the "Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Options

2 Posts

05-17-2013

Fance

6 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 6

2013-05-17, 13:13 PM

Hello, I'm French and tutorial interested me because I have a problem with a IDEAPAD Y730 Laptop and my dvd restoration that will not work after I changed my hard drive. The link you give to download OnKey Recorevery 7.0 Engineering is nothing but a  malware PUP/ LPI in which there is no referent has LENOVO program. Would it be possible to have a valid link? I searched around this program and I was not able to download it because I get only malware.

I also think it is not cool for the reputation of LENOVO to this sort of thing on this site.

Options

2 Posts

05-17-2013

Fance

6 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 6 of 6

2013-05-17, 20:19 PM

Really it's a shame. Here it is Arivé me when I downloaded the program :
http://forum.malekal.com/social-engineering-t4043.html

That said, the reason I have known the name given : Onekey Recovery 7.0 Engineering - All is said !!!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete